Question Graphical/display issues

ComputerGeek21

Honorable
Aug 5, 2017
Been having a reoccurring display issue that only ever gets temporarily fixed, this time it was caused by driver updates.

Weird thing is the issue only happens sometimes, if I restart my computer a few times it generally fixes itself (although recently if the resolution changes or a full screen game is launched, things tend to break)

Am I to presume my computer is just incompatible with the latest driver updates or is something else at work here?

GTX 1060m
6700HQ
16GB ram
1920 X 1080, 60Hz monitor

try a different display and see if the issue continues.

and were you using a different card before the current GTX 1060 and failed to completely remove the pre-existing drivers/settings/files before the new card was installed?
if so, run DDU and remove everything graphics related and then reinstall the latest package available from Nvidia.

ComputerGeek21

Honorable
Aug 5, 2017
try a different display and see if the issue continues.

and were you using a different card before the current GTX 1060 and failed to completely remove the pre-existing drivers/settings/files before the new card was installed?
if so, run DDU and remove everything graphics related and then reinstall the latest package available from Nvidia.
Tried connecting it to another monitor but it refused to switch to project modes other than "PC SCREEN ONLY". When I tried while the screen was broken it just black screened and when I tried while it was working without issue, it just refused to change modes.

This is the original GPU, in fact none of the original components have been changed.

Tried connecting it to another monitor but it refused to switch to project modes other than "PC SCREEN ONLY"
what type of displays are you using?

switching from one to the other should just be a simple transfer of video output between screens.
you would just take the output end of HDMI, DP, or VGA and connect it to another screen with no software intervention whatsoever.

it appears you have something more complicated than just simple video output going on from GPU to display.