Question Graphical issues with various programs

Apr 1, 2023
I've made another post beforehand, where I haven't gotten results, so here I am trying again.
I performed a completely clean windows installation - as suggested - on a brand new hard drive, yet the issue still persists.

To summarize my problem in short:
- A variety of games look different from how they are supposed to.
- Graphical options within games have very little impact on the graphics themselves.
- Had very limited success tweaking the Nvidia Control Panel
- Even some non game applications behave strangely, being blurry, text not being sharp (Bluestacks emulator "header" part is blurry, while actual running app is perfectly sharp for example)
View: https://imgur.com/a/HDN0yRh

I am on the correct resolution for my monitor, 100% scaling, everything has been updated to their latest versions/drivers.

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Also include make and model monitor(s). Some monitors have their own drivers.

= = = =

Try enabling ClearType.

FYI:

Enable ClearType

= = = =

If ClearType does not resolve the problem there are other things that can be done:

How is the monitor connected: Motherboard, GPU? What connectivity: HDMI, DVI-x, DP?

Are you able to try other video ports and cables.?

Test another known working (no "graphical issues") monitor on your system.

Try your monitor on another known working computer.

Determine if the graphics problems follow the monitor or stay with your computer.

Apr 1, 2023
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Also include make and model monitor(s). Some monitors have their own drivers.

= = = =

Try enabling ClearType.

FYI:

Enable ClearType

= = = =

If ClearType does not resolve the problem there are other things that can be done:

How is the monitor connected: Motherboard, GPU? What connectivity: HDMI, DVI-x, DP?

Are you able to try other video ports and cables.?

Test another known working (no "graphical issues") monitor on your system.

Try your monitor on another known working computer.

Determine if the graphics problems follow the monitor or stay with your computer.
To answer your questions in order:
Motherboard: Asus prime Z690-P
CPU: i5-13600KF
GPU: MSI RTX 3060
RAM: G.skill 'TZ5RS' 2x16GB
My monitor is connected through DP to the GPU, as it has been previously.

I have windows 10 (enterprise) up to date as of my answer. GPU is in the PCIe 5 slot, the highest available on the motherboard. Previously it was in a PCIe 3 slot, as my old motherboard only had that.
My monitor's make is irrelevant to the question at hand (but even so, it's an Acer KG241 if you are so curious). It is a software issue that prevents correct rendering I am assuming. Even in my post up here I said that the app playing in 'Bluestacks' is perfectly sharp, it is only the header that gets blurred. The two applications provided in my screenshots both use some graphical elements, they use the gpu to some capacity. I have used both of these applications beforehand, and it has never occured before. My browser - Opera - is always perfectly sharp. This is not an overall issue with everything. Normal display works perfectly fine.
View: https://imgur.com/a/Cdy9sgh

ClearType is enabled by default in windows, or so it seems, as it is turned on.

In a game such as 'Escape from Tarkov' texture get sharper as intended when tweaking graphical settings, but that game does not use the GPU much to begin with, as it doesn't even heat up.

'Ghost Recon Wildlands' has very little difference in sharpening of objects and foilage, despite the extensive options menu visually showing me how the game is supposed to look. Previously the foilage has been shimmering or resonating when moving - either due to wind, or my pov's movement. I have managed to combat this somewhat by switched "Negative LOD bias" to 'Clamp'.

And in the remastered version of 'Nier Replicant', where there is no direct texture quality settings, image sharpening has absolutely no bearing on the graphics themselves. Antialiasing and anisotropic filtering might as well not be there. Comparing my game to screenshots available on steam's community page of the game, it's a stark contrast, and easy to see that sharpening does in fact not work. I also remember it being sharper, and looking more like said screenshots when I first played the game - on my old 1050ti.