[SOLVED] Graphics card broke, want to upgrade anyways, what should I get?

matthew.jensen.mij

Prominent
Jul 24, 2018
Hi there everyone! Basically there is a problem with my graphics card. No matter what I do the graphics card fans will not spin, Tried stress test, etc. I was wondering basically if I should replace the graphics card with a better one. Honestly, I'm not that great when it comes to computer hardware so I don't really know what would work. I have attached my dxdiag.txt file and I'm using a GeForce GTX 750 Ti. I was also wondering if it is possible to just replace the fans? I have a budget of around £400 and with that, I could also upgrade any other parts. My PC still boots but heats up quickly and then runs slow when it hits a hot temperature.

Thank you everyone!

DXDIAG file: https://pastebin.com/uE3FVkrk

Also like to note this is my first time posting on here so sorry if this is in the wrong forum or format.

Solution
Welcome to the Forums :D

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 (14nm) 3.2 GHz 6-Core Processor (£96.94 @ Amazon UK)
Motherboard: ASRock B450M-HDV R4.0 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard (£55.25 @ CCL Computers)
Memory: Patriot Viper 4 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory (£80.44 @ More Computers)
Video Card: Asus Radeon RX 560 - 1024 4 GB STRIX Video Card (£156.24 @ Amazon UK)
Total: £388.87
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-27 05:30 BST+0100

my suggestion for your condsideration. that FX is getting old. instead of strapping it to another GPU you could take the opportunity...

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
Welcome to the Forums :D

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 (14nm) 3.2 GHz 6-Core Processor (£96.94 @ Amazon UK)
Motherboard: ASRock B450M-HDV R4.0 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard (£55.25 @ CCL Computers)
Memory: Patriot Viper 4 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory (£80.44 @ More Computers)
Video Card: Asus Radeon RX 560 - 1024 4 GB STRIX Video Card (£156.24 @ Amazon UK)
Total: £388.87
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-27 05:30 BST+0100

my suggestion for your condsideration. that FX is getting old. instead of strapping it to another GPU you could take the opportunity to upgrade to a new platform. this is of course assuming that you can reuse the storage chassis and PSU you have now.
the GPU is a step up and so is the CPU and RAM.

for the gist, the general idea only, your results will vary but you get the point.
https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-750-Ti-vs-AMD-RX-560/2187vs3926

https://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/AMD-FX-8350-vs-AMD-Ryzen-5-1600AF/1489vsm563877

Solution

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Yes, you can replace the fans. Ebay has multiple listings. Or go through the gpu vendor.

What you upgrade to as far as gpu goes is highly dependent on the psu. Whether it has the wattage, power connections etc. Also depends on your case, the 750ti was intentionally a small gpu, even some were single slot, skinny models, so a standard dual slot gpu may not work, especially in a lot of the older pre-built designs from Dell and HP.

But I agree, unless forced to by circumstance, any money dumped into your current pc is pretty much wasted, the FX had a hard time keeping up with Intel 1st Gen, nevermind that were are at the end of 9thgen now. And software is not going backwards. It's only going to get worse, sooner.

Last edited: