Info Graphics Card Comparison Table (A Sortable Database of Desktop GPUs)

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait. You mean ALL your time isn't free? You're not just sitting around waiting for hardware to be released so you can update things? What kind of place is this? What lazy employees you guys are (And this includes the moderators). LOL.

Reactions: Fnnuts86

frozensun

Honorable
Jun 30, 2018
I appreciate a lot how much time and effort you took for this mate since I know how much time takes making just simple excel table.And this probably took you for months of your time,but when a man is paasionate about this and loves it so much I understand.
Too bad for me,I can not download these docs and print them as a book :/

paul prochnow

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2015
A consolidated list of Desktop GPUs (by AMD and Nvidia) for comparison of different brands and models (the link to the list below opens to a shared Google Spreadsheet, no sign-in is required):

Link: GRAPHICS CARD COMPARISON TABLE - A Sortable Database of Desktop GPUs
(1,086 GPU Models listed as of last update)
iOsJu61.jpg

The main purpose of this database/table is to quickly and easily compare detailed specifications of numerous GPUs from different brands/models (not limited to models of a single brand which most manufacturer websites can only do). The table also offers filtering and sorting options, depending on the features one is looking for in a graphics card.

For example, one can filter the comparison to show only GPU models with a backplate, or, one can filter and show only the models of a certain color or lighting. One can also sort the filter or unfiltered table, say, the most/least fan quantities, largest/smallest fan sizes, most/least number of power phases, longest/shortest length, widest/narrowest width, etc.

Photos of each GPU (front, side, and back) are included and are also made to scale (~40% downscale) so that one can easily visualize how large or small the GPU is in relation to another GPU when compared side-by-side in terms of spatial clearance and aesthetics/looks. Additionally, photos of each GPU's innards (circuit board/PCB and thermals/cooling system) are also included.

References to various professional reviews and direct links to manufacturer's website are found at the far right end of the table for each GPU.

Specifications compared include the following:

MEMORY
  • VRAM Size
  • Type
  • Bus Width
  • Maximum Effective Speed and Maximum Real Speed
RENDERING PERFORMANCE
  • Core Name and Architecture (including Fabrication Process, Die Size, and Transistor Count)
  • Core Configuration (Shader Units, Texture Mapping Units, and Render Output Pipelines)
  • Base Core Clock Speed and Boost Core Clock Speed (Default speeds and "OC-Mode" speeds, if any)
  • Minimum and Maximum Processing Rate
  • Minimum and Maximum Texture Fill Rate
  • Minimum and Maximum Pixel Fill Rate
POWER
  • VRM Phases
  • Circuit Board Layout
  • MOSFETs
  • PCIE 12V Socket
  • Est. Power Draw
THERMALS
  • Cooling System
  • Base Plate
  • Heat Pipe Quantity and Sizes
  • Heat Sink Quantity and Fin Direction
  • Fans (Quantity, Sizes, and other Features)
  • Tj Max.
PHYSICAL
  • Clearances (Length, Height, and Thickness)
  • Number of Expansions Slots occupied
  • Backplate
  • Color Scheme (General Colors + Accents, LED Color, and Sync, if any)
  • Weight
OUTPUTS
  • Video Output Ports
The table was created 28 September 2017 and is still a work-in-progress as of this posting (see post below for update history). All information were researched and verified to the best of my ability based on manufacturer's data and reviews, if there are discrepancies/errors, let me know so I can immediately rectify the mistake. It may take me a while to complete this whole list (am doing this on my free time), so, kindly check back for more updates (especially on some info not yet provided). Thanks and hope these information helps a lot.
Why is S.A.N.D.R.A. +| PPP|+ benchmark never included in the testing?? It would be a great OVERALL benchmark.

sticktwig

Reputable
Oct 7, 2017
This is a great resource, thanks for starting it. I do have one request, which is why I'm on the forums today. Is it possible to add columns to help identify which require UEFI? My problem at the moment is finding a decent GPU for a 2015 HP my parents handed down for my kid to use, but it's BIOS only. That might be way too much to ask of the project, as this is likely model specific, but you don't get what you don't ask for, as they say.

Great job!

Reactions: ClapTrapper
ALL graphics cards are UEFI, since the AMD R9 200 series or Nvidia 900 series. If they are newer than that, then they are UEFI based cards. That alone does not mean that they won't work in motherboards that are not UEFI, if it's an aftermarket board that has had a relevant BIOS update since the release of that graphics architecture.

Rule of thumb though is to not expect ANYTHING to be easily compatible when you're talking about an older "OEM" type machine, because these tend to have seriously dumbed down BIOS support and are very rarely updated to give them support for newer hardware more than a year or two down the road. OEMs are in the business of selling you a new machine, not making sure you can upgrade the existing one so you don't have to BUY a new machine. That runs counter to their desires.

Even so, they SOMETIMES will work. They sometimes won't. Your best bet is to look for verification of any specific card model having been validated as compatible by somebody on the HP, Dell, Lenovo, etc., forums for a specific model or motherboard.

https://www.tomshardware.com/features/graphics-card-compatibility

ClapTrapper

Reputable
May 25, 2020
A consolidated list of Desktop GPUs (by AMD and Nvidia) for comparison of different brands and models (the link to the list below opens to a shared Google Spreadsheet, no sign-in is required):

Link: GRAPHICS CARD COMPARISON TABLE - A Sortable Database of Desktop GPUs
(1,086 GPU Models listed as of last update)
iOsJu61.jpg

The main purpose of this database/table is to quickly and easily compare detailed specifications of numerous GPUs from different brands/models (not limited to models of a single brand which most manufacturer websites can only do). The table also offers filtering and sorting options, depending on the features one is looking for in a graphics card.

For example, one can filter the comparison to show only GPU models with a backplate, or, one can filter and show only the models of a certain color or lighting. One can also sort the filter or unfiltered table, say, the most/least fan quantities, largest/smallest fan sizes, most/least number of power phases, longest/shortest length, widest/narrowest width, etc.

Photos of each GPU (front, side, and back) are included and are also made to scale (~40% downscale) so that one can easily visualize how large or small the GPU is in relation to another GPU when compared side-by-side in terms of spatial clearance and aesthetics/looks. Additionally, photos of each GPU's innards (circuit board/PCB and thermals/cooling system) are also included.

References to various professional reviews and direct links to manufacturer's website are found at the far right end of the table for each GPU.

Specifications compared include the following:

MEMORY
  • VRAM Size
  • Type
  • Bus Width
  • Maximum Effective Speed and Maximum Real Speed
RENDERING PERFORMANCE
  • Core Name and Architecture (including Fabrication Process, Die Size, and Transistor Count)
  • Core Configuration (Shader Units, Texture Mapping Units, and Render Output Pipelines)
  • Base Core Clock Speed and Boost Core Clock Speed (Default speeds and "OC-Mode" speeds, if any)
  • Minimum and Maximum Processing Rate
  • Minimum and Maximum Texture Fill Rate
  • Minimum and Maximum Pixel Fill Rate
POWER
  • VRM Phases
  • Circuit Board Layout
  • MOSFETs
  • PCIE 12V Socket
  • Est. Power Draw
THERMALS
  • Cooling System
  • Base Plate
  • Heat Pipe Quantity and Sizes
  • Heat Sink Quantity and Fin Direction
  • Fans (Quantity, Sizes, and other Features)
  • Tj Max.
PHYSICAL
  • Clearances (Length, Height, and Thickness)
  • Number of Expansions Slots occupied
  • Backplate
  • Color Scheme (General Colors + Accents, LED Color, and Sync, if any)
  • Weight
OUTPUTS
  • Video Output Ports
The table was created 28 September 2017 and is still a work-in-progress as of this posting (see post below for update history). All information were researched and verified to the best of my ability based on manufacturer's data and reviews, if there are discrepancies/errors, let me know so I can immediately rectify the mistake. It may take me a while to complete this whole list (am doing this on my free time), so, kindly check back for more updates (especially on some info not yet provided). Thanks and hope these information helps a lot.
SWEET!
Thanks a lot!!!

hotlips69

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2009
I really need to know how the new Intel UHD 750 on the new 11th gen CPUs stacks up to the competition?
With it being almost impossible to buy a new GPU due to the stupid prices, I'm wondering if I actually need to if this is of a reasonable level?

My alternative is to buy a cheaper GPU until I can afford a much better one, but don't want to buy anything that is no better than this 750 UHD which I'll be getting with my CPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.