Graphics card damage

Luis_86

Prominent
May 16, 2017
Okay so I got a new case because old one was kind of ugly and I swapped everything to my new case, I try to turn it on with the HDMI on the graphics card and I wont display anything, okay I went to Bios made sure it was set up to use graphics card as main display, still won't work, I tried installing amd latest drivers, wont work either, all the psu cables are plugged in made sure a couple times and still, one thing I notice tho is that the graphics card gets a little hot even tho it isnt working at all, like if it was getting power or something.

Pc spec.
Rx580 8gb
16 gb ram
I7 8700k
Gigabyte h310 s2p motherboard
Corsair cx 650w psu

I know I have a motherboard that doesn't overclock, just a cheap motherboard atm till I get more money.

Since you swapped everything into a new case my first instinct is to think this is an electrical problem. First thing I'd do is test the computer without the videocard. Use the onboard graphics after removing the card. Pretend like you're building this computer for the first time in this new case. First set it up with onboard graphics. If it fires up and everything works, then you can install the videocard.