[SOLVED] Graphics card doesn't support screen recording

Jacob 51

Notable
Dec 31, 2020
I used to record gameplays with my old GT 710 and had no problem, but since I upgraded to the GT 1030, the recording option in the Xbox Game Bar shows "Sorry this PC doesn't meet the hardware requirements for recording clips".

I did some research, and turns out that the GT 1030 doesn't support NVIDIA NVENC, which is required for the recording to work.

Can I use a third party software? I don't know any of those softwares so please name me some.

Solution
There is a chance that you have to go into bios and tell it that you want to enable the iGPU, some bios disable the iGPU if there is a discreet one.
The 1030 doesn't have the hardware to do it so no amount of drivers will fix this issue.
If you have a semi modern intel CPU connect the mobo to a monitor, even if it is a second port on your main monitor and use OBS selecting qsv as the recording option.

Intel CPUs (haswell and later) come with an integrated GPU that has support for hardware accelerated recording that's called QSV (quick sync video) .
For the intel GPU to be picked up by windows it has to be connected to a monitor.
So connect your mobo output to any monitor input and see what happens.

Jacob 51

Notable
Dec 31, 2020
Intel CPUs (haswell and later) come with an integrated GPU that has support for hardware accelerated recording that's called QSV (quick sync video) .
For the intel GPU to be picked up by windows it has to be connected to a monitor.
So connect your mobo output to any monitor input and see what happens.
No, its not giving any display. I've noticed that the integrated graphics driver isn't showing up in device manager.
My processor is a Core i5 3470 which has Intel HD 2500