Question Graphics card failure ?

Jan 30, 2023
Computer Type: Laptop
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, 4 GB VRAM. No overclock (as far as I know)
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.8GHz
Motherboard:

• BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. GL753VE.308, 4/29/2019
  • BaseBoard Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
  • BaseBoard Product GL753VE
  • BaseBoard Version 1.0
  • Platform Role Mobile
RAM: SK Hynix (2x8GB) DDR4 1200 Mhz,no overclock
Operating System & Version: Windows 10 Home 64-Bit (10.0, Build 19045)
GPU Drivers: Provide the current GPU driver installed and if it’s clean install or upgrade, e.g. 376.33, clean install
Description of Problem: Hello. My laptop has been working perfectly fine for a while now and suddenly one day it decided not to. I ran COD Warzone 2 as I would usually and then I noticed the game running smoothly for the first 2 seconds then an instant lag starting to cause the game to slow down significantly to the point that it freezes for a good 10 seconds before it crashes my entire laptop, giving me a blue screen of death "VIDEO_DXGKRNL Fatal Error" This happens to every game there is, no matter whether it is a simple small game that takes nothing or a big game. One thing I have noted is that the laptop would not crash if I run the game using my intel Graphics card (After deleting nvidia graphics card from Device Manager) and that it would run normal (Not high end) games pretty smoothly.
Troubleshooting: I have troubleshooted my laptop to see whether there is any faulty drivers or viruses and I have reinstalled the drivers over and over and over but the problem persists.

delaro

Judicious
Ambassador
I'm assuming Windows is fully updated, you have the latest GPU drivers, firmware, and plenty of hard drive space to allow Winblows to breathe.

- Restore your system to a previous backup and try to run the game.

- Turn off Fast Boot then run the following programs, once the issue is fixed turn it back on.

- Run Hardware Troubleshooter "Type the following in search"

msdt.exe -id DeviceDiagnostic

- System file checker utility " Run in CMD with Admin permission"

sfc /scannow

- Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool " Run in CMD with Admin permission"

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

- Perform a clean boot by following this link. It takes a while and will show you software conflicts.

At each step your rebooting and trying to run a game under the GPU.

No luck?

Reinstall winblows 💩 This is a software conflict, It's tricky and a full reinstall can be faster to solve the issues.