Question Graphics card for 3D Sculpting and photography.

will2power

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2009
Hi,

I am back on Toms looking for some advice on a graphics card for 3D work, (Blender, possibly ZBrush and others) plus photography, RAW editing from Sony A7iii. I do not play games.

After advice from people here I bought a i5 13500 early this year, after it came out and I am very happy but considering replacing the dedicated onboard graphics with something faster. I have 32GB RAM and 2TB SSD storage

I have read on this forum and others different reports about the pros/cons of AMD and NVidia. Some stating NVidia are far ahead in terms of rendering and 3d, especially on Blender, while on likes of ZBrush RAM is more the area of importance. Price wise these card combinations match. I live in Japan and prices may differ here.

85,000 Yen, approx $580
Radeon RX 7800 XT Saphire Pulse, Challenger, Steel Legend, OC etc
GeForce RTX 4070 ASUS Dual

70,000 Yen, approx $447
Radeon RX 7700 XT Dual, Gaming, OC etc
GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB NVIDIA

50,000 Yen, approx $340
Radeon RX 7600 XT Challenger 16GB
GeForce RTX 4060 8GB, Storm X, Infinity 2 etc

I listed options and variations on the cheaper of the 2 cards, 7700 XT and 7800 XT being cheaper than RTX equivalents. I do not really know much about Challenger, Pulse, Gaming etc but in the RX models I could get and would still be less than RTX model. Only in the last example is the RTX model cheaper.

I am open to suggestions, I listed my top and bottom for budget but not exactly sure what I will need, what is considered acceptable and what would be more than enough.

All help greatly appreciated!

Hi,

I am back on Toms looking for some advice on a graphics card for 3D work, (Blender, possibly ZBrush and others) plus photography, RAW editing from Sony A7iii. I do not play games.

After advice from people here I bought a i5 13500 early this year, after it came out and I am very happy but considering replacing the dedicated onboard graphics with something faster. I have 32GB RAM and 2TB SSD storage

I have read on this forum and others different reports about the pros/cons of AMD and NVidia. Some stating NVidia are far ahead in terms of rendering and 3d, especially on Blender, while on likes of ZBrush RAM is more the area of importance. Price wise these card combinations match. I live in Japan and prices may differ here.

85,000 Yen, approx $580
Radeon RX 7800 XT Saphire Pulse, Challenger, Steel Legend, OC etc
GeForce RTX 4070 ASUS Dual

70,000 Yen, approx $447
Radeon RX 7700 XT Dual, Gaming, OC etc
GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB NVIDIA

50,000 Yen, approx $340
Radeon RX 7600 XT Challenger 16GB
GeForce RTX 4060 8GB, Storm X, Infinity 2 etc

I listed options and variations on the cheaper of the 2 cards, 7700 XT and 7800 XT being cheaper than RTX equivalents. I do not really know much about Challenger, Pulse, Gaming etc but in the RX models I could get and would still be less than RTX model. Only in the last example is the RTX model cheaper.

I am open to suggestions, I listed my top and bottom for budget but not exactly sure what I will need, what is considered acceptable and what would be more than enough.

All help greatly appreciated!

another option not mentioned is rx 6800 these cards are usually cheaper providing you can find them there xfx providing your case can fit it. if you can find it look for a 4070 or 4070 super nvidia wise providing it isnt overpriced.