[SOLVED] Graphics card for a Medion Akoya E32012 ?

Feb 24, 2022
Hello,

I purchased the above desktop for my son for Christmas with the dual purpose of enabling school work and computer games. It has been working really well so far, but he would desperately like to get Farming simulator and apparently the video/graphics card on his desktop is too weak.

I have been reading up on graphics cards and problems with power sources and I'm now going round in circles and still none the wiser as to which one to get for him.
I dont know any computer experts (although my father is ok with building/rebuilding things) so if it relatively straight forward I am trying to do this on my own/maybe with fathers help, if possible. My son is paying for it out of his Christmas money so the pot is not endless unfortunately.

Could someone please shed some light and guide me to the best/most economical solution to our problem please?

Thank you in advance for any help/guidance.

Solution
Is anyone able to advise if a Gt1030 or a GT1650 would need an independent or upgraded power source to be added to the Medion E32012. Or could you advise what i need to look for to work it out for myself please?
Sorry its a bit of a minefield with so many to choose from.
Thanks in advance.

As popatim wrote the GTX 1030 wont need any power cable. And there are some GTX 1650 "base models" that don't use auxiliary power cables either.

We can not be sure of what PSU brand and model does that PC include. I think it should be a standard size model.

Another thing to keep in mind is that, according to the product page...
Feb 24, 2022
whats your budget for this?

A GT 1030 (~$100) I think would meet the minimum requirements for FS22. A Gt1650 would be better but these are nutty pricing ($300 for a refurb!?!).

Hello, thank you for your response. The budget for my son would be around the £100 mark but i dont mind contributing a little bit more towards it, if it results in a better investment long term.

Would a GT 1030 require a PSU upgrade or will the existing one cope?
Thank you again for taking the time to assist us.

Feb 24, 2022
Is anyone able to advise if a Gt1030 or a GT1650 would need an independent or upgraded power source to be added to the Medion E32012. Or could you advise what i need to look for to work it out for myself please?
Thanks in advance.

Thanks in advance.

As popatim wrote the GTX 1030 wont need any power cable. And there are some GTX 1650 "base models" that don't use auxiliary power cables either.

We can not be sure of what PSU brand and model does that PC include. I think it should be a standard size model.

Another thing to keep in mind is that, according to the product page (https://www.medion.com/de/shop/p/mu...-512-gb-ssd-8-gb-ram-multimedia-pc-10024256A1), it seems the PC only includes one single 8GB DDR4 stick, and for gaming is better to get dual channel RAM (in your case 2 x 8GB DDR$ 2666). To "fix" this one can try to get the exact same brand and model of the RAM already included, which should enable dual channel when installed on the propper slo; or get a new kit of 2x 8GB DDR4 2666 (when doing this is a good idea to check the motherboard site fot the memory QVL-Qualified Vendor List).

If you have no experience with PC building/upgrades perhaps is a good idea to look for a trusty technician to take care of this stuff. Or even ask for help to the PC vendor.

First of all, it will be a good idea to find out if messing with the PC internals can mess up or cancel your warranty.

Solution