Graphics card for photoshop

G

Hi folks...I have a demo Philips 109P monitor running on pent II 300 computer..it only has a 4 mb video card...here's the question...how much of an affect does the video card play in producing full potential of this 19 inch monitor?

Of course I'm in the market to buy a new faster computer but I've got this on loan from Philips to fiddle around with their product. I need this monitor for photoshop files mainly as I'm a photographer getting into the digital side of the medium now.

Any help will be great.

cheers,
Spatchy

FatBurger

Illustrious
how much of an affect does the video card play in producing full potential of this 19 inch monitor?

There are three things I can think of at the moment that would have an effect:

1) Number of colors, or color depth. Shouldn't be a problem, as long as your video card can support 32-bit. Check it out in your display properties.

2) Refresh rate. This might be a problem. If your video card can't display your desired resolution at 75Hz or better, you should replace it.

3) Output option. VGA, composite, DVI, etc. Most people simply use VGA, but if you wanted to use composite, for example, you'd need a video card capable of handling that.

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>