Question Graphics card (gtx 1060) not working?

timnieland

Prominent
Nov 14, 2017
Hi guys,

I have had some problems with my pc for a while now. The problem happens on random occasions when I try and boot my pc. When I try and boot my pc it will just give no HDMI signal output and the VGA debug light is on.
So naturally, I tried a different slot on my motherboard (Z270) with the same result. Just to be sure I tested the GPU in another pc and again no output.
Since I thought my GPU was broken I bought another GPU (Radeon RX580) and installed it in my pc. First time booting up I get the same result as with the old GPU. The second time it boots normally and when I try my old GPU again it also boots normally.

Anyone know how this can happen?
Different things I have tried are: replacing HDMI cable (shouldn't do anything) and replacing the power cable.

timnieland

Prominent
Nov 14, 2017
Besides trying the other HDMI slots make sure the card is properly seated in the PCIE slot.
I get a normal signal from the other monitor with DisplayPort but just like I said, it doesn't happen every time so it's always a guess when I try and boot up the pc.
Card is properly seated in the PCIEslot, I checked.

I know we haven't gotten to a conclusion yet but already thanks for helping me with this problem :)