Graphics card! Gtx 760 Vs 770

heartattack007

Reputable
Jan 14, 2015
hey everyone! back again for yet another question! so i upgraded my cpu to an i5 4460 from a g3220 and i currently have an EVGA 760 GTX graphics card, now i know my old processor bottlenecked it pretty badly but my question is should i also upgrade my gpu to a 770 GTX or stick with my 760? i game at 1920X1080 and i want to play games like evil within, shadows of mordor etc on about high settings, so should i upgrade?

mdocod

Distinguished
I'm confused by this thread...

You own the CPU and GPU..... why not go play the games you want to play and find out if your hardware meets your performance and visual quality goals?

FYI: The GTX760 can play any game made at 60FPS. There's no performance issue there. Visual quality is inversely adjustable with frame rate in GPU bound workloads, so the GPU is never really a performance bottleneck until it is severely undersized.

heartattack007

Reputable
Jan 14, 2015
well the main reason is that i dont have all of said games as of yet, right now the only next gen game i actually have is dragon age inquisition and i have about 2 weeks left to determine if i should just go with the 770 and hopefully future proof my self even if its only for another year or two

mdocod

Distinguished

If you can't figure out how to get 60FPS out of your GTX760 in GPU bound conditions then you have an operator problem, not a GPU problem.

A GTX750 can play any game at 60FPS also.

mdocod

Distinguished

I'm sorry, you can't imply that there's some visual quality "standard" and then base your position on it.

Visual quality on PC gaming can range from 720P to triple 4K resolution. I'd be willing to bet that YOUR standard is probably pretty close to the BOTTOM end of that range. Trying to arbitrarily claim that there's some "standard" down there somewhere that separates "playing the game" from "just checking out the game" or something is ridiculous.

A great gaming experience does not originate with visual quality, if it did, the vast majority of games every produced would have been absolute failures.

PONG