Question Graphics card has a VIRUS?

Aug 12, 2022
Hi everyone,
I am facing a weird issue that I can't really understand.
A few days ago, my pc died. I assumed it was the PSU since it was second hand (my bad about that).
I instantly removed it and ordered a new PSU, that arrived yesterday. I connected it to my pc, but... nothing.
Assumed the mobo got fried by old PSU, and started to test some components in another working PC.
I tested one HDD which was fine, then I tried my GPU and that's when it got weird.
(To better understand everything, you must know that I got hacked on several social medias (bc of same password) yesterday, don't know if it is related tho)
Back to the GPU. I started the PC, but it seemed sluggish, which would be normal if the pc was downloading the drivers for the GPU. After a while, the pc was still slow, so I decided to download the latest driver using geforce experience, and, surprise, windows defender goes mad and tells me, while downloading the driver, that there is a trojan on the pc ! Name : ravadon.e (only found one post on reddit from yesterday talking about it, ppl didn't seem to care)
So I don't know what's going on, did Nvidia get hacked and started to distribute infected drivers ? Or did my GPU get hacked and will attempt to infect any pc it is connected too ? Or is there another reason since the working PC was fine before? I didn't download anything beside the driver.
I must say both of these ideas seems weird and nonsense, so please help me make some sense here pray
Thank you

Aug 12, 2022
My HDD was fine, performed a windows defender scan on it and there was nothing.
I download it via geforce experience (official nvidia software) which I used hundreds of times to download drivers without any issue, so I am certain it is official.
And do you think there is a link between the fact that my psu and mobo died and the fact that I got hacked? Or pure coincidence?

Aug 13, 2022
Hi everyone,
I am facing a weird issue that I can't really understand.
A few days ago, my pc died. I assumed it was the PSU since it was second hand (my bad about that).
I instantly removed it and ordered a new PSU, that arrived yesterday. I connected it to my pc, but... nothing.
Assumed the mobo got fried by old PSU, and started to test some components in another working PC.
I tested one HDD which was fine, then I tried my GPU and that's when it got weird.
(To better understand everything, you must know that I got hacked on several social medias (bc of same password) yesterday, don't know if it is related tho)
Back to the GPU. I started the PC, but it seemed sluggish, which would be normal if the pc was downloading the drivers for the GPU. After a while, the pc was still slow, so I decided to download the latest driver using geforce experience, and, surprise, windows defender goes mad and tells me, while downloading the driver, that there is a trojan on the pc ! Name : ravadon.e (only found one post on reddit from yesterday talking about it, ppl didn't seem to care)
So I don't know what's going on, did Nvidia get hacked and started to distribute infected drivers ? Or did my GPU get hacked and will attempt to infect any pc it is connected too ? Or is there another reason since the working PC was fine before? I didn't download anything beside the driver.
I must say both of these ideas seems weird and nonsense, so please help me make some sense here pray
Thank you

Looks like a false positive from Windows Defender is flagging the latest driver release. This is new as of today and it hasn't been addressed by Nividia or Microsoft yet. I would wait for 48 hours before installing to see if it is confirmed safe or blows over, as it's possible (though very unlikely) that it could be a true positive due to an insider threat at Nvidia or a not-so-advanced persistent threat group.

This forum thread has the most traffic at this point:
View: https://www.reddit.com/r/antivirus/comments/wmlod4/windows_found_a_trojan_called_ravadone_is_this_a/