Graphics card isn't heating up even with PUBG

Jul 12, 2018
My graphics card has been under preforming recently due to an unknown problem. I realised that my graphics card wasn't heating up, and thus my game performance is low, because of this.

I have a radeon rx 570

Solution

1) enabling in motherboard BIOS
Though, you have your monitor connected to the card, you would have no picture at all if the card were disabled. Can you tweak the gpu settings (either...

zoltan.boese

Estimable
Jan 30, 2018
Are you sure the graphics card is enabled? Have you run any benchmarks?
Check the cable of your monitor and where it is connected (motherboard or gpu) in the back of your PC. You might be using the processors integrated graphics.

Jul 12, 2018

1. I'm not sure what you mean by 'enabling' graphics card, so you'll have to educate me on that for it to work

2. I haven't ran benchmarks, but I have tested Just Cause 2 and 3, and they both have received FPS levels lower than 25, and stutter very frequently.

3. My cable is plugged into my graphics card.

zoltan.boese

Estimable
Jan 30, 2018

1) enabling in motherboard BIOS
Though, you have your monitor connected to the card, you would have no picture at all if the card were disabled. Can you tweak the gpu settings (either through BIOS or manufacturer software)? Have you tried setting everything back to factory default?

2) I see. How about CPU utilisation?

3) Checking the power cables is a good idea, take a look into your case! Without the 6/8 pin cable, the card gets only 75W through the PCI lanes, it needs extra power to run at full speed. It should lok like this:
index.php

Solution