Question Monitor is powered, backlight is on, but no picture.

Batmann77

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2013
Howdy everyone,

I've got a 4 monitor setup running off a RTX 3080. Two 27"s and two 34"s. I'm having a problem with one of the 34"s which is 4 years old, but the rest are fine.

The problem is that I'm not getting a picture, but it's not your usual no signal or no power type of issue. There is zero display at all, aside from the small amount of light given off by the backlight on the panel. There's no brand logo when I power it on. There's no 'no signal' message. There's no menu displayed when I press the monitor menu button. Nothing.

The monitor is getting power. I know this because the LED status indicator light under the monitor is on and the backlight on the LED panel itself is on. For my monitor, a solid blue light indicates that the monitor is on and receiving signal, and that light is indeed solid and blue. Still, I tried a different power cable and a different wall plug to be sure.

I then bought a brand new HDMI cable to make sure it wasn't my old cable.

I then tried swapping ports on my GPU.

Lastly I tried the port on my motherboard just in case.

On the software side of things, going into display settings still shows the monitor as connected. I can move my mouse into it (but can't see it) and I can move windows to it (but can't see them), so it's still 'there'...just not displaying. I even tried changing resolution and refresh rate.

So to summarise, the monitor is getting signal and power and the computer is detecting it, but the only thing it's showing is the backlight. What does that imply? A dead internal component?

I've contacted the manufacturer to see if they can help out, but it's long out of warranty.

Any tips are appreciated. Thanks for your time.