Graphics card motherboard

dale3232

Reputable
May 5, 2015
Tried absolutely everything can anyone else think of any more options.

Trying to install New graphics card upgrading from my on-board graphics monitor/motherboard doesn't recognize it at all

I have tried:

Changing bios so that integrated is disabled and changing to peg for pci slot
resetting ram
installing drivers beforehand
resetting CMOS
changing a different card
using hdmi port on my t.v instead of VGA

Any suggestions would be great

Thanks

Solution
Sorry you couldn't get it to work, sadly that PCI slot, on that board, just may not have had enough power for the cards. You might get it to work if you added a new power supply, but you'll definitely be better off putting the money towards something newer either way. Good luck with whatever build you choose!

dale3232

Reputable
May 5, 2015

ok i have got bot a radeon saphire HD5450 and a XFX HD5450 both do not require a power supply and are pcix16 on the box.

my system specs are as follows.

CPU Type Dual Core Intel Core 2 Duo E6550, 2333 MHz (7 x 333)
Operating System Microsoft Windows 7 Professional
Motherboard Name FUJITSU SIEMENS D2598-A1
Motherboard Chipset Intel Bearlake Q35
BIOS Type Phoenix (10/10/07)
Video Adapter Intel(R) Q35 Express Chipset Family (256 MB)
Monitor AMW X1900DS [19" LCD] (001063)

Wouldn't be so bothered if i wasn't on such a budget. I spent my last spare bit of cash on these two boards and im kinda frustrated with it all now as i was hoping it would be nice and straight forward. its put me off upgrading pc's for the future

Grimwinder

Reputable
Jul 2, 2014
Okay, first thing I would try is updating your BIOS here-

http://support.ts.fujitsu.com/Download/ShowFiles.asp?LNG=COM&LNID=70&intlevel2=25226&intFehlercode=0&NavIDs=

Their Driver Manager may be helpful, I'm not sure, but what you want is the newest BIOS for certain.

dale3232

Reputable
May 5, 2015

Thanks buddy I've found my motherboard on the site but im running windows 7 and by the looks of it only windows xp and Vista are supported would they be compatible?

Grimwinder

Reputable
Jul 2, 2014
Use the OS Independent tab for the BIOS, the BIOS is going to be on the board and not running under Windows. If you want to upgrade the chipset drivers and such, you can search for Intel chipset drivers matching the socket chipset of your CPU ( I don't recall offhand).

dale3232

Reputable
May 5, 2015

Updated BIOS like you said last night seemed to be good there was even a note on the download saying something about there being issues with pci slot and motherboard not detecting it for a fix

But sadly still not able to read either card think im gonna give up now try n get a return on both cards n buy a semi decent PC

Thanks for your help anyways buddy

Grimwinder

Reputable
Jul 2, 2014
Sorry you couldn't get it to work, sadly that PCI slot, on that board, just may not have had enough power for the cards. You might get it to work if you added a new power supply, but you'll definitely be better off putting the money towards something newer either way. Good luck with whatever build you choose!

Solution