Graphics card not being recognized by monitor

Alexkasem

Commendable
Mar 3, 2016
Hello! I just finished my first build a couple of days ago. Everything seemed to be working great except after I installed my graphics card bios no longer will show up and my monitor doesn't recognize the card at all and says "VGA not detected" even though it's on VGA mode and everything is plugged in correctly.

I turned of my computer and took out my GPU, booted my PC and bios came up on the monitor immediately. Not sure what the issue is. My GPU is receiving power and I seated it correctly in the first slot on my MOBO.

Is there any reason this is happening? Something I did wrong? I don't have windows installed yet, I won't until tomorrow. And I won't have Internet for a couple more weeks.

If anyone could help that would be great!

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming
MOBO: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition

Solution
When you installed the GPU did you leave the monitor connected the the motherboards VGA port? When you install a dedicated graphics card the integrated graphics are disabled and you need to hook the monitor up to the GPU. I have seen this many times, even from people that should know.

Casey

casey_souder

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2010
When you installed the GPU did you leave the monitor connected the the motherboards VGA port? When you install a dedicated graphics card the integrated graphics are disabled and you need to hook the monitor up to the GPU. I have seen this many times, even from people that should know.

Casey

Solution