[SOLVED] Graphics Card not detected ?

EBv

Jan 16, 2023
I don't know how it happened. Last night it was fine but suddenly the pc won't detect my gpu. It powers on but is undetected. I tried restoring my bios to default, uninstalling drivers, resetting the computer,updating BIOS and reseating the gpu. Pls help

GPU: AMD radeon HD 7850
CPU: Intel i3 3240
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H61M-DS2
PSU: Great Wall GW-500PW
RAM: 2x Teamgroupinc. 4gb DDR3

PS! My psu is strong enough to handle everythng because it has been in my pc for almost 3 years now. Switchng PSU is surely not a fix because I have tried this many times

PPS! this problem actually happened a day before. I fixed it and used the computer properly. But the next morning, the problem repeated. I think that my windows wouldn't load if it uses my gpu as display. It boots and starts using hdmi(gpu) but it will go to bluescreen saying "inaccessible boot drive"

Last edited:
Solution
I have fixed it!! It turns out that the only thing I needed to do was to disable onboard graphics in my BIOS. (For everyone who wants to try but afraid to try it, dont worry. If ever this method did not work for you, you can rset the BIOS settings to default by removing the coin-like battery on your motherboard called the CMOS battery for 30 seconds, then put it back and turn on your pc. That should make all BIOS settings to default including the onboard graphics option)

EBv

Jan 16, 2023
full system spec? include brand and model of the psu

GPU: AMD radeon HD 7850
CPU: Intel i3 3240
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H61M-DS2
PSU: Great Wall GW-500PW
RAM: 2x Teamgroupinc. 4gb DDR3

PS! My psu is strong enough to handle everythng because it has been in my pc for almost 3 years now. Switchng PSU is surely not a fix because I have tried this many times

EBv

Jan 16, 2023
have you tested your gpu on another working pc?

if you test it on another pc, and gpu still not detect, then gpu could be dead.

I haven't but this problem actually happened a day before. I fixed it and used the computer properly. But the next morning, the problem repeated. I think that my windows wouldn't load if it uses my gpu as display. It boots and starts using hdmi(gpu) but it will go to bluescreen saying "inaccessible boot drive"

EBv

Jan 16, 2023
you have not "fixed" it, because the problem repeated.

for further testing.. do you have any other gpu that works? Try using another gpu on your pc, and observe if the problem will persist.

temporarily worked*

but no I don't have any. What I said was to tell you that the gpu is probably fine tho, since it worked just fine when I "fixed" it last night

EBv

Jan 16, 2023
If you are seeing "inaccessible boot drive" on the monitor you video card is probably ok.

inaccessible boot drive means your hard drive/SSD is bad or corrupted.

yes. But the thing is, that only happens when my gpu is being used. If my pc boots using the onboard graphics, it just boots just fine without any of those warnings

ps. Im not sure about this but this thing happened twice

EBv

Jan 16, 2023
I have fixed it!! It turns out that the only thing I needed to do was to disable onboard graphics in my BIOS. (For everyone who wants to try but afraid to try it, dont worry. If ever this method did not work for you, you can rset the BIOS settings to default by removing the coin-like battery on your motherboard called the CMOS battery for 30 seconds, then put it back and turn on your pc. That should make all BIOS settings to default including the onboard graphics option)

Solution