Graphics card not working correctly

Sep 25, 2018
Ok, so I'm an ok system builder, build em up, tear em down. But when it comes to the technical stuff, I'm so lost. Please, don't get mad if I mess something up with the technical stuffs.

So I made a couple bucks building up a few systems for a few friends, with theirs going off without a hitch, but when I decided to invest in a graphics card for myself, the 1050 ti, and well its been a merry-go-round of problems.

When I first got it, the system would just turn off, and I compensated for buying a new PSU, which fixed it.

Afterwards, I would (and still) get the exact same error code, thats been my mortal enemy for the past couple of months, "Driver Scheduler Internal Error", I read online to update your drivers, and whenever I update to the latest, either via geforce experience or off the website, "Windows has disabled this device, error code 43"

So, I tried multiple things fromm which that I've read, I've been able to change my bios mode from "Legacy" to "EUFI" as I've read that Legacy can sometimes interfere with the graphics card.

I've updated my BIOS to the latest one, and still the exact same problem exists, however I did notice that its become more stable after the bios update, as when I launch a game, instead of automatically getting the BSOD, I would be able to load in, but actually playing was a BSOD, so little by little progress, and this wasnt a fluke either.

So now, I don't know what to do, which is why I've come here for help.

My system is built of
GTX 1050 TI (used)
12GB RAM (KINGSTON) DDR3 (brand new)
Dell 6D7TR Optiplex 990 Motherboard (brand new)
Intel i5-2500 (used)
1TB Drive (brand new)
EVGA 500B Bronze Power Supply (brand new)

If you need any other information, just ask, and I hope that through this, I can get my moneys worth, cause I've been seriously down and out from this.

(If I need to buy any new parts, my current budget is at $200)

Sep 25, 2018

Tried it, graphics card is fine, and for precautions I had used DDU on both machines so that no drivers would conflict, and on the other machine it worked fine, so I'm inclined to believe its something wrong with my system, I tried updating the drivers for EVERYTHING, to no avail.

Sep 25, 2018

It's 2x2 + 2x4

I've tried to play with only one, but doesnt matter which one, I'd still get the same issue, I forgot to mention it but the weird thing is that I was able to run my GTX 750 without a problem, and I've tested the 1050 ti in another machine, and it was perfectly fine, so I'm stumped.

Sep 25, 2018
I was watching through a few videos and brain storming, after connecting a few dots i came up with a theory

A few pieces of evidence I had gathered, the first one being
Older graphics cards worked fine
Newer graphic drivers would result in error code 43
My screen would tear

So, with all of these pieces of evidence I thought, maybe it's my monitor, I was doing some searching but never really found if your monitor is old (which mine is) can it not be compatible with newer drivers, hardware, etc.

Because when my friend reported back to me that my 1050 ti worked, it was with his monitor, not mine.
My current monitor is the Dell Professional P170S 43 cm (17") LCD Flat Panel Monitor ( https://www.dell.com/ed/business/p/dell-p170s-blk/pd )

So, with this, is it possible my outdated monitor could be the cause? Because I have no other solution or evidence that its anything else.

TRENDING THREADS