[SOLVED] Graphics card not working

briblo1982

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2015
The video card does not seem to be working. I plug the hdmi cable into the motherboard and it works fine. When I put the video card in, it won't boot up. I tried another video card and it still won't boot. It will only boot when it is connected to the motherboard. any ideas. The video card is EVGA Geforce RTX 2080 TI. Then I tried another EVGA Geforce RTX 2080 TI and still nothing. I have tried different memory and still nothing. I don't know what else to do about this

Solution
You may be surprised by what obvious things some people miss. We have to ask.

When you say it's not booting when the display is connected to the graphics card, but it does when connected to the motherboard, are you removing the graphics card from the system when it does boot up or is it still installed, just not connected to the display?

When you say it's not booting, does it seem like it's not booting or just that you're not getting an image on the screen?

My guess would be the power supply.
Test your RTX 2080Ti in another computer with a known, good power supply.
Test your system with your RTX 2080Ti installed with a known, good power supply.

-Wolf sends

Wolfshadw

Titan
You may be surprised by what obvious things some people miss. We have to ask.

When you say it's not booting when the display is connected to the graphics card, but it does when connected to the motherboard, are you removing the graphics card from the system when it does boot up or is it still installed, just not connected to the display?

When you say it's not booting, does it seem like it's not booting or just that you're not getting an image on the screen?

My guess would be the power supply.
Test your RTX 2080Ti in another computer with a known, good power supply.
Test your system with your RTX 2080Ti installed with a known, good power supply.

-Wolf sends

Solution