Graphics Card Performance Issue

Visionzz

Commendable
Mar 24, 2016
I have a Gigabyte GTX 970 and I was wondering why my graphics card isn't performing to the best of its ability. It is paired with an AMD FX 8350. I know someone with the same rig as me and they are getting a lot more frames in most AAA titles than me. I was wondering if it might be because of my graphics card, and what I could do to solve my problem.

Solution
Just some general stuff here:

Make sure you aren't loaded down with software running in the background. This can eat up resources.

Did you accidentally underclock your GPU? I know it sounds like a long shot, but anything's possible.

Has this person you know overclocked their GPU? A 970 can generally be overclocked to base 980 clock speeds.

Are you using the exact same resolutions and the exact same in-game settings?

Now, more specific troubleshooting:

Are you reaching high temperatures? (This really shouldn't affect performance)

Are you using in-game V-Sync? Some in-game v-syncs likes to chop down framerates to 30 when the game drops below 60 FPS.

Does the person you know use different NVDIA Control Panel settings? Some of...

Esrevinue

Commendable
Mar 24, 2016
Just some general stuff here:

Make sure you aren't loaded down with software running in the background. This can eat up resources.

Did you accidentally underclock your GPU? I know it sounds like a long shot, but anything's possible.

Has this person you know overclocked their GPU? A 970 can generally be overclocked to base 980 clock speeds.

Are you using the exact same resolutions and the exact same in-game settings?

Now, more specific troubleshooting:

Are you reaching high temperatures? (This really shouldn't affect performance)

Are you using in-game V-Sync? Some in-game v-syncs likes to chop down framerates to 30 when the game drops below 60 FPS.

Does the person you know use different NVDIA Control Panel settings? Some of these can really hurt framerate.

Hope this is somewhat useful!

Solution