[SOLVED] Graphics card recommendations for video editing

koslaw

Prominent
Jul 10, 2020
I was wondering what everyone would recommend for a graphics card for video editing. Mostly what it will be used for is 4k stuff.
My current hardware for the system is:

-ASUS AMD AM4 ROG Strix X570-E Gaming ATX Motherboard
-AMD 3950X CPU
-Arctic Freezer ll 280mm AIO
-650watt PSU

My max budget at the moment for a card is around $350

Is there anything decent within this price range that would be recommended?

Thanks for your time and help all!

Solution
RTX 2060 would be primary choice within that budget, especially if you’ll stick to programs that focus on CUDA core utilization. Although the 2060super would be the ideal budget 4K editing gpu. Truth is that you can use a variety of cards. If you have something that you can use for now, rtx3xxx is coming soon, and it may be worth the wait for you since performance DOES cost you TIME. I suggest to remember to check warranties on GPUs, it’ll be under load a lot (just as in gaming), but I find that people often buy a gpu for 20$ cheaper but end up losing 1 year warranty availability.

RX580 is a nice cheap solution for now as well.
RTX 2060 would be primary choice within that budget, especially if you’ll stick to programs that focus on CUDA core utilization. Although the 2060super would be the ideal budget 4K editing gpu. Truth is that you can use a variety of cards. If you have something that you can use for now, rtx3xxx is coming soon, and it may be worth the wait for you since performance DOES cost you TIME. I suggest to remember to check warranties on GPUs, it’ll be under load a lot (just as in gaming), but I find that people often buy a gpu for 20$ cheaper but end up losing 1 year warranty availability.

RX580 is a nice cheap solution for now as well.

Solution

koslaw

Prominent
Jul 10, 2020
Thanks everyone for the help, I found an MSI GeForce RTX 2070 DirectX 12 RTX 2070 TRI FROZR 8GB card that was on sale for about the same price as the 2060 super or RX580. Hopefully it will perform a bit better than the 2060s/RX580 cards.