Graphics card still a problem?

jeffacake999

Honorable
Jun 2, 2013
Hello all.

I recently replace a dead GTX 480 in my machine with a new 650 GTX. I was getting artifacts everywhere and I could not boot to windows. I am now up and running with the new card. Installation and a fresh install of windows all went well. However I had one crash after install. "Windows has encountered a problem and needs to close"
I checked the Problem reports in the action center. I have all of this.

http://www.imgjoe.com/?v=erreye.jpg

The time and date tie in with almost exactly when I was installing the new card and the fresh version of windows. When I was having problems with the old card. I did try a Reinstall of windows but it didnt complete and stopped halfway through. Leaving the windows in a bit of a state. Hence the fresh install with the new card.
Are these errors anything to worry about. Or just somehow left over from the problems with the old card? Anything I can do or check to rule out other problems?

Thanks in advance

Jeff

jeffacake999

Honorable
Jun 2, 2013
So there is no chance that was just somehow left over from the previous card. Because those error messages were the only problems. Pc appears to be stable with new card other than those messages.

RobCrezz

Expert
Ambassador

What? So did you install the new card, then do fresh install of windows? Or after?

You didnt change the card while it was switched on, did you?

To answer your other question, no there isnt anything left behind by the old card. (assuming you reformatted and reinstalled).

jeffacake999

Honorable
Jun 2, 2013
I installed the new card. The system didn't boot up properly because of the failed re install with the old card. So I then did a completely fresh install.
No.. I did not chance the card while the system was on :D.
I am hoping everything is ok now.. Just want some way of checking or to be sure.

RobCrezz

Expert
Ambassador

Did you reformat the hard disk? If not, then yes it could have picked up the old event logs.

jeffacake999

Honorable
Jun 2, 2013
Not a format. A windows 8 "reset" Not exactly sure what that does. But then. It only has event logs from today. Not all the other ones from the past few days where I have been troubleshooting the old card.

jeffacake999

Honorable
Jun 2, 2013
Yeah I know. I got this as a temporary fix while I was for the RMA. (I cannot afford to be without a pc for long) The 650 feels so much faster than my 480 already so something was sure up with my 480 for a long time