[SOLVED] Graphics Card Suggestion..

yogeshgamerz

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2013
Hi guys, I'm confused between two graphics card "Red Devil 5700xt or Inno3d 2070 Super twin X2 OC" both comes at same price in India (approx 42000₹)

My Current system is
Ryzen 3700x
x570 Aorus Pro wifi
G.Skill Trident RGB (16x2) 3200mhz
Antec HCG750 Bronze PSU
Antec NX 800 Cabinet

Please suggest me a better option.
Thanks.

Solution
Is this for gaming or work? If they are the same price, the 2070 Super is going to slightly have better performance. Plus it doesn't have the question mark that many of these Navi based cards have in terms of some early failures due to flaws in architectural configuration that we've seen from a number of users, even advanced ones that can't be attributed to user error. I'd go with the 2070 Super. Nvidia has superior driver support anyhow.
Is this for gaming or work? If they are the same price, the 2070 Super is going to slightly have better performance. Plus it doesn't have the question mark that many of these Navi based cards have in terms of some early failures due to flaws in architectural configuration that we've seen from a number of users, even advanced ones that can't be attributed to user error. I'd go with the 2070 Super. Nvidia has superior driver support anyhow.

Reactions: yogeshgamerz
Solution

yogeshgamerz

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2013
Thanks for suggestions, But I read somewhere that inno3d model is infamous for heating issue. Maybe that's the reason it's cheap.
All other variant of 2070S(Gigabyte, Asus etc) are costly here in India (+10k from inno3d approx 120$ more) & out of my budget.

The reviews suggest a maximum temperature of 77°C under full load, and you have to factor in the fact that this card has a zero RPM passive mode that doesn't even kick the fans on until the card reaches almost 50°C.

77°C at full load is WELL within tolerance, AND, if you simply run something like Afterburner you can create and run a custom fan profile that kicks the fans on at whatever temperature you prefer and reaches full speed fans at whatever temperature you like. I'd be willing to bet that with a mild amount of tweaking of the fan curve, you could easily lower that 77°C to more like 70°C, which is VERY comfortable, without even noticeably increasing the noise levels in most cases.

True, inno3d isn't one of my most preferred brands, but they wouldn't be a board partner if they weren't doing something right. I'd buy one of their cards if it was my best option at the time. The MORE important consideration is, WHO is regionally present enough that you can get warranty replacement IF something goes wrong with the card, regardless of what card you end up going with?

Doesn't do you much good to get a card with a three year warranty if you have to spend what the card is worth to send it to the UK or US for replacement.

ANY graphics card can develop coil whine. There aren't ANY high end gaming cards, or brands, that are impervious to the possibility of coil whine, so that's primarily a "per-card" potential problem that can occur regardless of whether it's Zotac, EVGA, ASUS, Sapphire, AMD, Nvidia, PNY, whatever.

That being said, the Zotac RTX 2070 Super mini is probably not a good choice compared to these other options you listed. Mini cards almost always come with less performance because they have smaller coolers, cramped PC boards, etc. Unless you are building a system that requires a mini card, I'd avoid it.

Actually, it has a lot of "feedback" stating coil whine. I don't see any reputable "reviews" of that unit at all. Comments made by people on Amazon and Newegg are not "reviews". Reviews are done by professionals. Amazon should change their nomenclature to something that is accurate.

yogeshgamerz

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2013
@Darkbreeze Thanks for you suggestion, I invested little more & bought gigabyte variant of rtx2070 Super or update ram 3200mhz trident Z to 3600mhz Trident Neo.
Everything is working great.
zL1J1WN.jpg