Question Graphics Card to drive *SIX* 4K monitors

Sep 16, 2024
I am planning to build a new AMD system (CPU: AMD 7900X, Mobo: X670E Steel Legend, 64GB RAM)

The system will drive *SEVEN* 4K displays (SIX 32” 4K monitors with DP inputs, and ONE 75” 4K TV with HDMI input)

Here are my requirements:

1) The system won’t play games, is mainly used for productivity / web browsing / financial markets trading / light video editing.
2) System should be as “low power” as possible, therefore would prefer card with low power usage
3) Hopefully looking for cheaper priced graphics card (whilst still being able to output to *SIX* 4K displays)
4) Most important is RELIABILITY, system must to be STABLE with low risk of crashes

I already understand the below:

-I will be able to drive at least one (likely two) 4K monitors directly from the iGPU in the AMD 7900X, from the DP / HDMI ports on the X670E Mobo. Therefore, the Graphics Card will need to drive the remaining *FIVE* or *SIX* 4K monitors.
-Maximum of two displays via HDMI, the rest must all use DP
-I understand that most graphics cards only have 4 outputs (3*DP, 1*HDMI), therefore I will need to purchase two MST hubs to drive 5th and 6th monitor
-Likely Radeon RX 6000 series would be a good choice, I understand they can output to a maximum of *SIX* 4K displays?

Here are my questions:

1) Is Radeon RX 6000 series best choice for my needs?
2) What is the cheapest / lowest spec RX 6000 card which is capable of driving *SIX* 4K monitors? For example, would RX 6600 be “good enough”, or would a higher spec card such as RX 6800 be needed?
3) Any other requirements which I should watch out for? For example, for graphics card memory, is 8GB enough, or would need 12/16 GB?
4) For MST hubs, any recommendations for stable, reliable, relatively low-priced model? (which can split a single DP input into two, to drive two 4K monitors)

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Mobo: X670E Steel Legend
+
I will be able to drive at least one (likely two) 4K monitors directly from the iGPU in the AMD 7900X, from the DP / HDMI ports on the X670E Mobo. Therefore, the Graphics Card will need to drive the remaining *FIVE* or *SIX* 4K monitors.
You should be able to drive one display at 4K res at 120Hz, per the motherboard's specs. You could be able to drive two displays at lower frequency but at 4K res at 60Hz.