Question Graphics Card Unknown by GPU-Z. Can't find Correct Bios! Broken or Just needs a BIOS?? HELP

MasterBlaster22

Honorable
Apr 20, 2019
Graphics Card Unknown by GPU-Z. Can't find Correct Bios! Broken or Just needs a BIOS?? HELP

I have what is SUPPOSEDLY a Sapphire Nitro RX580 8GB. I got it about a month ago but just plugged it in today. The card was used as a mining card. I got it for cheap. Not free - but pretty cheap. Still more than what I would want to pay for something broken.

The display output is there, but it's a little grainy in 1080p and is always "light" as if the gamma setting is wrong but I already tried adjusting the gamma and the colors, - that's not it.

Just FYI - the rest of the setup runs with a normal display with another totally different MSI RX580 8GB.

First Thing I did - Run AMD Adrenaline software.

Adrenaline by AMD will NOT LOAD with that card because it says UNSUPPORTED GPU installed. So....... I am thinking..... IS THIS "FAKE"?
well, no it's not fake- it's a real AMD Chip with Hynix memory BUT - EXACTLY WHAT AMD video chip is it???????

ATI Flash for Windows utility will not load a bios on it because it tells me that I have chosen the Incorrect bios for the hardware.

IF somehow I got a "good" bios on it, would it run with a normal colored display OR... is it just SHOT?

That IS WHERE YOU COME IN. (smile face) I may need a GPU DETECTIVE

I'll upload the photos and maybe you can provide evidence of what exactly DO I HAVE HERE??!! 😂🤣😂🤣😃😅

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1E3ck3hjMEQ0TiGuMl0oRSbk49KRPK7X4?usp=share_link

Latest posts