Question Graphics Card was working, unexcpected shutdown while the drivers were updating, and its no longer working.

reaganbfrazier

Honorable
Aug 17, 2017
So i was updating to the new driver (adrenaline driver) for my RX 580 and my power flicked off for no reason, I went to boot my pc back on and my RX 580 was no longer displaying.. using the IGPU i figured out that device manager isnt even recognizing it... but at the same time the blower on the card is still running and it is plugged in all the way. Help?

Nov 1, 2019
Unplug the power cord from the monitor and the computer for 60 seconds. Plug it back in and it should work. Lemme guess you were using display port for the GSync?

reaganbfrazier

Honorable
Aug 17, 2017
If the above doesn't work for you, the power outage (surge?) may have killed the card. Test it in another PC if possible.
Hey! So good news is, the graphics card is fine... Bad new is the pcie slot it was in isn't fine. So I have to buy an new case to fit the RX 580 into the third slot on the motherboard. Unfortunate but better than having to buy an entire gfx card.

TRENDING THREADS