Jun 28, 2024
Specs:
Graphics card: msi gaming x trio rtx 4080
Cpu: ryzen 7800x3d
Motherboard: msi pro b650s wifi
Storage : samsung 980 pro, 970 evo plus
Ram: 32gb(2x16)
Power supply: Super flower sf-1000f14xg leadex VII XG
My pc doesn't pick up my graphics card unless I set my PCI_E1 Lanes configuration to either x8+x8, x8+x4+x4 or x4+x4+x4+x4. Auto doesn't work.
When the pc boots the graphics card is running at PCIe x4 instead of x16.

Any idea what could be causing this and how to fix it?

Lutfij

Titan
Bios version: 7E26v1C
You have one more BIOS update pending. Flash to the latest version, then clear the CMOS. Remove all M.2 drives and have your discrete on the first PCIe slot, see if that registers at x16. Then add an M.2 drive onto the first M.2 slot and see if that affects your lane allocation.

Jun 28, 2024
Bios version: 7E26v1C
You have one more BIOS update pending. Flash to the latest version, then clear the CMOS. Remove all M.2 drives and have your discrete on the first PCIe slot, see if that registers at x16. Then add an M.2 drive onto the first M.2 slot and see if that affects your lane allocation.
Thank you for the help. I will give this a try. Recently update the bios to see if that would fix it but not have tried removing the m.2 drives. If that fixes it should I RMA the motherboard or would it just be an issue with my motherboard not being able to handle x16 bus with 2 m.2 drives?

Also should I see a selection for x16 under the PCI_E1 lanes in the bios?

Jun 28, 2024
Thank you for the help. I will give this a try. Recently update the bios to see if that would fix it but have tried removing the m.2 drives. If that fixes it should I RMA the motherboard or would it just be an issue with my motherboard not being able to handle x16 bus with 2 m.2 drives?

Also should I see a selection for x16 under the PCI_E1 lanes?
Also just asking extra questions because I in the middle of exams and don't want to mess around with my computer till they finished

Jun 28, 2024
that would be the auto option, is gpu directly connected to mainboard or do you use riser?
failing to use more lanes usualy means bad connection, maybe theres some hard to see obstacle which obstruct GPU to fully sit in PCIe slot
Don't use a riser, did at first try reseating it.

One weired thing was that before I update the bios the graphics card would work on auto, but i would have to turn on my pc, it would boot to intergrated graphics and after restarting through widows it would boot with the graphics card. When that was happening I did try disabling intergrated graphics but then would just boot to windows with a black screen(knew it booted to windows as I would press play on my keyboard and music would start playing)

TRENDING THREADS