[SOLVED] Graphics card

Dec 2, 2019
Please help. I am looking to buy this graphics card EVGA NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8GB FTW3 ULTRA GAMING Turing Graphics Card, and fit it into Alienware aurora R6. My question is will it fit? Size wise? I am useless and is a gift for my husband.

Solution
Thanks for your help. It was mainly for RTX, I don’t really want to stretch up to the 2080ti the reason why I stuck with just the super. Is there any other way I can find out if it’ll fit?

If you can't find it in the documentation, you would have to open it up and physically measure how much space there is for a GPU before it runs into something (you can use the existing GPU as a reference for where to measure).

Honestly, your husband's GPU is unlikely to be a problem for him and you're going to spend a lot for a very minor upgrade. I think I'd save this gift idea for a future holiday when his GPU is older and less competitive with the newer high-end graphics.

DMAN999

Dignified
Ambassador
I can't find the exact maximum allowed graphics card size for that PC.
But I don't think it will fit since it is a 3 fan version that is almost 12" long.
And to be honest if he has the Aurora R6 that came with a 1080 Ti video card that 2080 Super will only make a very small in performace which would most likey not be very noticalbe in real world use.
Our Verdict: Upgrading from GTX 1080 Ti to RTX 2080 SUPER is not recommended as it is less than 30% of improvement in performance. In general, a reasonable upgrade is between 30% and 50% or more to justify the purchase of new hardware. The price/performance ratio is much better for RTX 2080 SUPER .

Dec 2, 2019
Thanks for your help. It was mainly for RTX, I don’t really want to stretch up to the 2080ti the reason why I stuck with just the super. Is there any other way I can find out if it’ll fit?

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant

If you can't find it in the documentation, you would have to open it up and physically measure how much space there is for a GPU before it runs into something (you can use the existing GPU as a reference for where to measure).

Honestly, your husband's GPU is unlikely to be a problem for him and you're going to spend a lot for a very minor upgrade. I think I'd save this gift idea for a future holiday when his GPU is older and less competitive with the newer high-end graphics.

Solution