Question Graphics Driver won't run laptop screen, only video out via display port.

Jun 3, 2022
When factory reseting windows on a Dell Lattitude E6410, the screen went grey/black halfway through but still lit up and would only work via external monitor. I removed and reinstalled the drivers several times to no avail, all checks where saying the drivers are functioning properly. If I remove the driver and return to Microsoft Basic Display Adapter it works fine though im concerned about the pc slowing down when trying to use it. The big problem is as soon as I connect it to the internet the intel graphics driver re-download and brick the screen again until I can plug it into a monitor and uninstall the drivers again. Nvidia doesn't seem to have anything compatible as well. Is there an alternative driver I can use for this laptop or at very least a way to stop Device Install Requests and having it brick everytime I get online??

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

What OS are you working with? If you're on Windows 10, why didn't you simply reinstall the OS afresh after recreating your bootable USB installer using Windows Media Creation Tools? While you're disconnected from the www, you're advised to manually install all relevant drivers for your platform in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

The OS will download drivers if it doesn't find them installed to begin with. I tend to install the OS in offline mode, install all drivers and then connect to the www. This might be a moot point for a very old laptop but I'd try and make sure that the BIOS on your laptop is up to date.

Jun 3, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

What OS are you working with? If you're on Windows 10, why didn't you simply reinstall the OS afresh after recreating your bootable USB installer using Windows Media Creation Tools? While you're disconnected from the www, you're advised to manually install all relevant drivers for your platform in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

The OS will download drivers if it doesn't find them installed to begin with. I tend to install the OS in offline mode, install all drivers and then connect to the www. This might be a moot point for a very old laptop but I'd try and make sure that the BIOS on your laptop is up to date.
Thank you, Yes its windows 10. BIOS is as up to date as it can be, and tried offline installation of the drivers it has the same issue. I haven't reinstalled yet as I dont currently have the key associated with this drive's OS and it would cost me another key, and I would hate to buy a new key, reinstall just to find out that it wasn't the installation but rather a issue with the drivers themselves that haven't been supported in..., I wanna say I saw 2012 as last date associated with those drivers. Also Im almost positive the computer had no internet access when the screen initially "broke".