Question graphics drivers and ddu

Jan 24, 2022
Please keep it to 1 thread
Can I completely remove graphics drivers before installing new ones ? Because recently my friend told me that I shoudnt uninstall the old gpu drivers before installing new because it can cause gpu or other hardware damage and I should just download the new driver on top of the old one. And I am wondering if its true? And my second question is that , can DDU somehow damage something physically in my pc ? Even If I would use ddu like 1000 times in one day for uninstalling drivers . Could it damage something? If I would uninstall driver by ddu , install new one from nvidia website then uninstall by ddu and install from nvidia website and like that like a 1000 times. Could it damage something?

Wolfshadw

Titan
Performing multiple reads/write to your storage drive in a short timeframe MAY decrease it's lifespan, but it won't cause any physical damage to any other component in your PC.
There's really no reason to use DDU to remove graphic drivers. In fact, if all you're doing in just updating your current drivers to a newer version, there's no reason to remove your previous drivers at all.

-Wolf sends

Jan 24, 2022
Performing multiple reads/write to your storage drive in a short timeframe MAY decrease it's lifespan, but it won't cause any physical damage to any other component in your PC.
There's really no reason to use DDU to remove graphic drivers. In fact, if all you're doing in just updating your current drivers to a newer version, there's no reason to remove your previous drivers at all.

-Wolf sends
but even if I would use ddu so many times in short time even like 500 or 1000 times in one day( not going to do that , its just an example) and like remove driver by ddu , install new one, remove again , install new one and like that 1000 times it wont for sure damage anything physically in my pc ? I

Jan 24, 2022
why would you do it 500 or 1000 time?
using your pc put wear and tear on it. solution is not to use it
I am not gonna use ddu 500 or 1000 times but my point is that is ddu safe and wont damage anything physically if I would even run it 10000 times a day and can for example frequent removing and installing drivers damage something if I would reinstall gpu drivers 10000 times in one day ? ( it only example , not gonna do it 10000 times hah I just want to know if drivers wont damage anything and ddu wont damage anything also )

Wolfshadw

Titan
but even if I would use ddu so many times in short time even like 500 or 1000 times in one day( not going to do that , its just an example) and like remove driver by ddu , install new one, remove again , install new one and like that 1000 times it wont for sure damage anything physically in my pc ? I
I thought I was pretty clear when I stated:

-Wolf sends

Reactions: rgd1101
Jan 24, 2022
So if I would completely remove graphics drivers before installing new that wont damage the gpu or other component and also if I would for example completely remove some important chipset drivers or some other important driver no matter what this driver is it wont for sure damage anything physically in my pc, only can screw up the os ?