[SOLVED] Graphics not using 100%, Please Help

GamingNate5547

Prominent
Jul 14, 2019
Hi everyone who is reading this, I recently acquired a zotac geforce gtx 1060 3gb card for my pc. I had no trouble installing it and downloading drivers but when i play games, it doesn't run as well as everyone says it will. I watched a youtube video with about the same specs as my pc and they could run Call of Duty Warzone full graphics at 45 fps but I try and run cod warzone and only get about 45 on low with my resolution at 90% on 1080p. If anyone knows how i can fix this, please let me know.

PC Specs:

cpu: ryzen 3 2200g
gpu: gtx 1060 3gb
ram: 8gb ddr4 3000mhz
psu: SMART 500 watt non-modular power supply
storage: 240gb kingston ssd and a external 4tb hard drive
motherboard: asrock b450m hdv r4.0

Solution
There is always a limiting factor in games.
Sometimes it is cpu and sometimes it is graphics.
100% utilization of either resource is not a good thing.
It indicates that resource is maxed out and can't go higher.

Your 2200g has 8 threads.
Be careful how you interpret task manager cpu utilisations.
Windows will spread the activity of a single thread over all available threads.
So, if you had a game that was single threaded and cpu bound, it would show up on a quad core processor as 25%
utilization across all 4 threads.
leading you to think your bottleneck was elsewhere.
It turns our that few games can USEFULLY use more than 2-3 threads.
How can you tell how well threaded your games or apps are?
One way is to disable one thread and...

ben001

Distinguished
Hi everyone who is reading this, I recently acquired a zotac geforce gtx 1060 3gb card for my pc. I had no trouble installing it and downloading drivers but when i play games, it doesn't run as well as everyone says it will. I watched a youtube video with about the same specs as my pc and they could run Call of Duty Warzone full graphics at 45 fps but I try and run cod warzone and only get about 45 on low with my resolution at 90% on 1080p. If anyone knows how i can fix this, please let me know.

PC Specs:

cpu: ryzen 3 2200g
gpu: gtx 1060 3gb
ram: 8gb ddr4 3000mhz
psu: SMART 500 watt non-modular power supply
storage: 240gb kingston ssd and a external 4tb hard drive
motherboard: asrock b450m hdv r4.0
Hello :)

I hope we can able to solve your problem. Before jumping on anything, I would like to ask you to perform a full system scan with a good antivirus if you haven't. Let's see how your system responds.

Just to get a better picture here, Can you tell me the status of your SSD, and did you try any other games if they are performing better in your view?.

Last edited:

ben001

Distinguished
Yes, if your windows 10 is up to date.

" The status of my ssd is fine it's still working well, and I tried running a lot of games and all of them should have worked a little better at least. "

So far I am not convinced with any hardware related issue, still your every information will be important to get near to a solution. :)

GamingNate5547

Prominent
Jul 14, 2019
But the cpu wouldn't hold me back if its stuck at only using 60 to 80% of itself, right? I just don't know whats bottlenecking it. Someone else i talked to said I may be running out of power in my power supply.

piechockidocent9

Honorable
Aug 30, 2017
Cpu usage is fine but you're definitely experiencing bottlenecking probably coz of cpu or ram. I fastviewed couple dozen tests done on different games in rigs with ur cpu in them, Cpu usage was variable but gpu always stayed in 95-100%.
Disable unnececary aps running in the background. Switch ur power plan to high performance in control panel. Make sure you have latest version of bios for ur mb (update if needed). Afterwards in bios disable any sort of automatic "game boost", performance boost" etc, enable xmp profile and choose 3200mhz profile for ur ram. Run prime 95 for few minuts and see if you're encountering bsods or crashes, if so reduce the profile to 3000mhz and repeat this if needed with lower profiles each time untill you are stable (no bsods no errors).
If you're still bottlenecking only thing to do is overclock the cpu, it's trial and error at this point and it depends on how ur cpu will handle it but you should be able to get 3800 or 3900 mhz with 1.4v max and relatively stable temperatures not exciding 81 degree C even on stock cooler. Unless you have a particularly oc resistant cpu, if you can;t even get 3700 mhz at 1.4 don't bother trying oc without buying some better cooler.

There is always a limiting factor in games.
Sometimes it is cpu and sometimes it is graphics.
100% utilization of either resource is not a good thing.
It indicates that resource is maxed out and can't go higher.

Your 2200g has 8 threads.
Be careful how you interpret task manager cpu utilisations.
Windows will spread the activity of a single thread over all available threads.
So, if you had a game that was single threaded and cpu bound, it would show up on a quad core processor as 25%
utilization across all 4 threads.
leading you to think your bottleneck was elsewhere.
It turns our that few games can USEFULLY use more than 2-3 threads.
How can you tell how well threaded your games or apps are?
One way is to disable one thread and see how you do.

You can do this in the windows msconfig boot advanced options option.
You will need to reboot for the change to take effect. Set the number of processors to less than you have.
This will tell you how sensitive your games are to the benefits of many threads.
If you see little difference, it tells you that you will not benefit from more cores.
Likely, a better clock rate will be more important.

You may be limited by the single thread performance of the 2200g.

OTOH, the graphics card can be a limiter.
I note that you have the less capable 3gb variant of the GTX1060
Check the youtube videos to see if they have the 6gb variant.
Because you do better by lowering your resolution and eye candy, I think your cpu is fine and that you are doing as well as your graphics card is able to do.

Solution

GamingNate5547

Prominent
Jul 14, 2019
Thank you to everyone who submitted a idea on why it wasn't working as well as it should have. I updated windows and overclocked my ram and cpu and everything works fine now. Thank You!