[SOLVED] graphics setting/cpu

bungles22

Reputable
Mar 28, 2020
so i was wondering i have been playing games like modern warfare,gta ect it they all run fine with no issues with my graphics setting on low to mid depending on game but my cpu is sitting between 90%-100% (not over heating or any other problems) but my gpu is setting around 6% and max around 20% depending on game if i put my setting higher will it put more strain on my cpu ?
cpu: ryzen 3 3200g
gpu: MSI GeForce GTX 1660 6 GB ARMOR OC Graphics Card
i know my gpu is better than my cpu but can i run it in better quality or will it put to much strain and affect usage of my cpu ?

Solution
You could use gpu settings on normal high and cpu settings on low, game files on an ssd helps the cpu more than if they were on and hdd, ram overclocking may take some weight from the cpu as well, manage ram cache with Intelligent Standby List Cleaner will help reset the ram before it gets overwhelmed therefor making sure you don't put the weight again on th cpu. There are a few settings that might use both gpu and cpu, most of them are incline to one or the other so if you have a top tier gpu bring the 4k if possible and if in the same jig you have the slowest cpu turn off tesellation, Film grain, render res etc...

PiVO 7717

Reputable
Aug 18, 2019
You could use gpu settings on normal high and cpu settings on low, game files on an ssd helps the cpu more than if they were on and hdd, ram overclocking may take some weight from the cpu as well, manage ram cache with Intelligent Standby List Cleaner will help reset the ram before it gets overwhelmed therefor making sure you don't put the weight again on th cpu. There are a few settings that might use both gpu and cpu, most of them are incline to one or the other so if you have a top tier gpu bring the 4k if possible and if in the same jig you have the slowest cpu turn off tesellation, Film grain, render res etc...

Reactions: bungles22
Solution