Question Green and Red pixels in games. Help!

Oct 12, 2019
So for about two weeks ago i noticed my pc was a bit strange, there were green and red pixels on my screen, sometimes at the same time as well. This would happen completely randomly and when playing games, these "artifacts" (or whatever i should call it) would show up in dark areas, places with shadows etc. also when watching youtube i would notice the green and red artifacts. The games that i usually play is Rainbow six siege, Sea of Thieves, Resident Evil 2 and Minecraft. The only game i haven't noticed this problem is with Resident Evil 2. I have tried dxdiag, 3dmark, reseating gpu, switching to another monitor, and checking my main monitor. the problem only happens with my pc, and i am pointing towards either my gpu or monitor, out of all the tests that i've done.
Pictures of some scenarios below:
912Xd58.jpg
hk61OXP.jpg
bhzJidq.jpg

My specs:
Cpu: AMD Ryzen 2600 OC to 4.0GHz
Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16gb 3200mhz
Gpu: EVGA GTX 970 ssc
Mobo: ASUS RoG Strix B450-F
Psu: Corsair RM750x

Help would be much appreciated!

Last edited:
It behaves like a faulty GPU.
Use MSI afterburner to see temperatures
Use Novabench to see and compare results with the averages.

The monitor... maybe. More likely the video card.

Oh, and see what happens when you try to run things on integrated graphics.

Oct 12, 2019
It behaves like a faulty GPU.
Use MSI afterburner to see temperatures
Use Novabench to see and compare results with the averages.

The monitor... maybe. More likely the video card.

Oh, and see what happens when you try to run things on integrated graphics.

My gpu has reached 78C max today, and i have been playing games like Sea of Thieves and Rainbow six siege, and the gpu has been averaging around 35-40C when not being under much load.

On Novabench my gpu score said that it was average on the performance analysis and 12% lower on the baseline comparison with mid-range specs, but the "mid-range specs was the 2070 and a ryzen 2600x", so i checked results on recommended vr specs, which compared my pc to a 1060, a rx 480 and a ryzen 5 1500x and a i5-4590. Oh and i checked the avg gtx 970 scores which was 802, and my score was 881.

And i can't run my pc on integrated graphics. i have a ryzen 5 2600, which is a cpu only. not an apu.

Last edited:
Is this how AMD does it sometimes?
I run an older system and my cpu also has no integrated graphics, but the mobo does it and I can run some games on low settings. I just set my bios for integrated vid options sometimes. This just if I temporarily remove my video card, ofc.

Oct 12, 2019
I think at least that amd did so with their ryzen lineups, so it is not possible for me to run on integrated, but i have a gtx 960 laying around, u think that could work instead of using integrated graphics?