Green dots only on black parts

CaptainCretin

Respectable
Jul 18, 2016
Check the cable connections are tight; remove and re-insert if that makes no difference, try a replacement cable/converter.

To me it looks like "noise", interference affecting the data being transmitted, so the monitor is misinterpreting it.

It can also be a symptom of RAM damage, but I would expect the blocks to be fewer, and in all parts of the screen.

Apr 2, 2018

Well i just got a new computer brand new with Ryzen 3 2200g 8gb ram etc etc so i don't think the RAM is problem the adapter is brand new too i had to get it becose i have only VGA connector to Vega 8.
I did try to unplug the cables but the problem stays same even when i play a video the lines dots are moving...

https://www.winwin.rs/media/catalog/product/cache/5/image/17f82f742ffe127f42dca9de82fb58b1/6/8/6809053.jpg

This is what cable i am using to connect my Vega 8 to Display.

So? What's the problem?
Motherboard has DVI-D output, monitor has DVI-D input. Connect them with DVI-D cable.
272px-DVI_Connector_Types.svg.png

Apr 2, 2018
Hey dude thanks for all the help and trouble but i found a solution for this.
So what happend:

I got yesterday a brand new pc but i had to buy https://www.winwin.rs/media/catalog/product/cache/5/image/17f82f742ffe127f42dca9de82fb58b1/6/8/6809053.jpg

This adapter so i could connect my monitor to a pc but then i had a green dots,lines on videos images etc so i tought it was adaper but it wasnt the adaper problem.All i had to do is set RGB to limited in radeon settings becose i am using VEGA 8 and now that i found a solution for this problem i would like to share with thoes who had the same problem as me i hope it helps you guy's in the future and once again @SkyNetRising Thanks for everything.

It's great, you sorted it out.

But using digital connection instead of using DVI-VGA converter would still be beneficial.
You have there digital video signal source, it gets converted to analog, and then again converted to digital for LCD. All those conversions degrade image to some degree. Possible problems are - color bleeding to neighboring pixels and shimmering effect.
With digital signal cable all those problems get eliminated.