Green Dots while playing games.

Z3rgRush

Commendable
Mar 28, 2016
My screen is going to a green static only while playing games. Any games, even tiny sandbox games with settings set to low. I have a NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT I looked around and someone told me to use a GPU test program called Fur and It crashes my PC using this at 160 FPS. Within 10 seconds of using Fur I have the latest drivers installed but it was working fine before I re-installed windows 10 and got a new ssd hard drive. But this graphics card went out before awhile back and had to be taken apart and worked on.

Solution

hmm, im not to sure what could be causing the issue, has the card always done this? and yes furmark tests your gpu to the max so it will get very hot. and if you do the benchmark the test will stop after about a minute or so but if you do the gpu stress test, it will run until you close it down

Z3rgRush

Commendable
Mar 28, 2016
I set it down -100 and it works longer but still goes to green static, I ran the furmark and my graphics card gets very loud the temp goes to 80c to 86c and the usage is at 99% always.. 24% memory does the furmark test ever stop?

gokitty199

Honorable
Feb 4, 2013

hmm, im not to sure what could be causing the issue, has the card always done this? and yes furmark tests your gpu to the max so it will get very hot. and if you do the benchmark the test will stop after about a minute or so but if you do the gpu stress test, it will run until you close it down

Solution

TRENDING THREADS