Question Green flickering and artifacts when GPU power goes over 145 ?

Altairus

Honorable
Sep 25, 2015
Hello, I'm having an issue with my GPU. When I put elden ring on maximum settings I keep getting green artifacts and flashing green lights. This doesn't happen with any other game, I have tested Witcher 3 on ultra and monster hunter world on max settings. I tried a few tests like ungine heaven and memtest86 (I got new Rams so I thought that might be the issue) but I can't replicate the problem.

The only thing I've noticed is that elden ring is the only game that drives my GPU power over 145 and that's when the green flickering happens. I can run the game on high just fine but when I change the Settings to maximum I start seeing the green flashes. I have a bitfenix whisper 750w gold so it should be able to power my system well enough. How do I go about troubleshooting this issue?

CPU: Intel i3-9100f
Ram: crucial ballistic 16gb 3200 (8x2)
GPU: AMD rx580 xfx 8gb xxx edition.
PSU: bitfenix whisper gold 750w
Motherboard: gigabyte h310m h2.0

Edit: I forgot to mention I updated the drivers and even tried the optional driver on AMD's website

Last edited:

Altairus

Honorable
Sep 25, 2015
I would suggest DDU driver wipe, and reinstall ur gpu drivers, dont install those AMD adrenaline apps, that crap app causes more problems than good. See how it goes after fresh install
Thanks for the reply, may I ask where can I find the drivers since the ones offered on AMD's website are all adrenaline versions
Edit: nvm figured it out. I'll try it and see how it goes

Last edited:

Mariusglock

Reputable
Jun 13, 2020

Altairus

Honorable
Sep 25, 2015
thanks, i tried all the possible solutions in the thread, even tried lowering the graphics settings but nothing fixed it. its worth noting that the game ran at 60 fps on max and on low. its really driving me nuts since i cant replicate the problem anywhere else. i tried every driver doing down the released rx 580 drivers. the game ran just fine before but i changed my main harddrive to an ssd and installed new rams. I thought the rams might be the issue so i ran memtest and even tried to run the game with the old rams to no avail

Altairus

Honorable
Sep 25, 2015
Finally managed to fix it, incase anyone runs into this issue aswell the solution was to use the radeon adrenaline tool and add the game to it then enable AMD freesync and anti-lag, Radeon image sharpening and enhanced sync. i have no idea why but those options fixed the problem for me.