Question Green horizontal lines on second monitor after sleep mode.

Jul 5, 2022
Recently I noticed when my PC goes into sleep mode and the monitors go black. When I wake it up my second monitor gets horizontal green lines that flicker, it is only on the second monitor and the primary monitor is fine. A system restart solves the solution.

Things to note:
-I have switched monitors, HDMI cord and it still does it.
-I have deleted and re installed the proper drivers and it still has this issue

PC specs

CPU - ryzen 9 3900x
Motherboard - tuf gaming x570-plus (wi-fi)
Ram- 16 gb ddr4
Storage- 1 tb m.2
GPU- radeon 5700xt
PSU- 850watt (1 year)
Monitor(Main) - Acer VG240y
Monitor(second)- AcerH236HL
OS- Windows 10 version 21h1

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

I have deleted and re installed the proper drivers and it still has this issue
Did you use DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers, then manually reinstalled your GPU driver with the latest off of GPU chip maker's support site?

Please list the specs to your build, like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

Include the age of the PSU. If you're on Windows 10 please mention the version(not edition) of your OS. As for the driver, you should reinstall all relevant drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

To rule out your panel being the fault, hook the panel up to a donor system and see if you still get the lines.

Jul 5, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

I have deleted and re installed the proper drivers and it still has this issue
Did you use DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers, then manually reinstalled your GPU driver with the latest off of GPU chip maker's support site?

Please list the specs to your build, like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

Include the age of the PSU. If you're on Windows 10 please mention the version(not edition) of your OS. As for the driver, you should reinstall all relevant drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

To rule out your panel being the fault, hook the panel up to a donor system and see if you still get the lines.
I added PC specs in the original post above, I uninstalled the drivers through the device manager and reinstalled them through radeons software