Question Green lines on full screen video

Nov 2, 2020
I bought a second monitor and now when I am going fullscreen on youtube for 1 second there are green lines on my screen(look at the Photo).
I have RX 580. The driver version is 20.12.1(latest). Can someone help me?

Last edited:

FelixLive44

Reputable
Jan 2, 2017
If I understand, for a short time after going fullscreen on youtube on a new monitor, you have weird artifacts on the screen.

Since drivers are up to date date, it's likely hardware.
A few questions :
  • Does this occur when going fullscreen with anything else?
  • Does this occur if you use a different cable to connect to the monitor, or a different port on the monitor, or a different port on the GPU?
  • Is the GPU in good condition/is it nearing the end of its lifespan?
The easiest fix is if the cable you're using or one of the ports are damaged as you can just change cable or port. This is likely the case if this occurs on other apps going fullscreen and showing the same issue.
If the this is a generalized issue, it might be that your GPU is nearing the end of its lifespan, but this is unlikely for a (stock) RX580 it seems...

Nov 2, 2020
If I understand, for a short time after going fullscreen on youtube on a new monitor, you have weird artifacts on the screen.

Since drivers are up to date date, it's likely hardware.
A few questions :
  • Does this occur when going fullscreen with anything else?
  • Does this occur if you use a different cable to connect to the monitor, or a different port on the monitor, or a different port on the GPU?
  • Is the GPU in good condition/is it nearing the end of its lifespan?
The easiest fix is if the cable you're using or one of the ports are damaged as you can just change cable or port. This is likely the case if this occurs on other apps going fullscreen and showing the same issue.
If the this is a generalized issue, it might be that your GPU is nearing the end of its lifespan, but this is unlikely for a (stock) RX580 it seems...
I have this problem only on youtube when I am using google chrome, I tried MS Edge and there weren't green lines. I try different cables but have same problem.
my gpu is used, but I don't have artifacts in games.

Last edited: