Question Green Screen (BSOD) when Idle for too long

Dec 4, 2023
Started happening est. July 1st 2023

If I go afk/idle for probably 20 mins my pc will green screen (green because I'm on the Insider build of Windows) I have a guess on what the problem might be and I'm guessing it's my hard drive or SSD which ever one, I am going to list the things I've done and some details about other errors I've gotten, also I have important files on my computer I want to keep on both drives,

PROBABLY MOST IMPORTANT PART - Everytime after I blue screen I get "Reboot and Select proper boot device" and then I click my power button once and it turns off and when I click it again it boots normally, I only see the "Reboot and Select..." after I bluescreen

• Some of the green screen (BSOD) errors I've gotten are ↓
    "0xc0000218" "BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO" "KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR" "CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED" "UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION" "SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION"

• "BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO" - I was attempting to use "chkdsk", after resetting my computer to have "chkdsk" run around Phase 4 it blue screened
  • "KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR" - This was one of the errors that occured when I was idle, I was using Magic Bullet Looks and and time I would attempt to open it, the app would freeze and my computer would blue screen
  • Done Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
  • Done Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
  • Done Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
  • Done sfc/scannow - I'll add the CBS log it provided
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/15BxypyqXn_DAwd3Z7HGAn1mtFgFgLHBp?usp=sharing
  • Done "Error checking" when right clicking each drive and going to "Properties" then "Tools"
  • Attempted to reinstall Windows using "MediaCreationTool22H2.exe" and it failing and giving this error "0xC1900101 - 0x30018 The installation failed in the FIRST_BOOT phase with an error during SYSPREP_SPECIALIZE operation"
  • Trying to follow some tutorials I was backing up my Registry in the Registry Editor using "File" then "Export", I tried this on my D: drive then a USB drive both resulting in the error "Cannot export D:\caden\Regit Save\Backup 7 28.reg: Error writing the file. There may be a disk or file system error.

———————————————————

Small Update

I successfully reinstalled Windows 10 but it didn’t change anything and the problem is still here, one thing I figured out though was that my SDD is disconnecting and that’s most likely causing the blue screen, I don’t know why my SSD is disconnecting but my 2TB Hard-drive isn’t, figured this out by going into my BIOS after a BSOD occurred and before the “Reboot and select…” screen appeared and saw that my SSD was missing under “Boot Option Priorities

Normally it shows

Boot Option Priorities

Boot Option #1 - Windows Boot Manager (P0: TEAM T253X2512G)

Boot Option #2 - P1: ST2000DM008-2FR102

Boot Option #3 - P0: TEAM T253X2512G

————————

After the disconnection/BSOD it shows

Boot Option Priorities

Boot Option #1 - P1: ST2000DM008-2FR102

————————

SSD has windows and my HHD is for more storage

Main SSD - TEAMGROUP GX2 512GB

HHD - Seagate BarraCuda 2TB Internal

Dec 4, 2023
full system spec? include brand and model of the psu

do you have Hibernation turn on?
I don’t have hibernation on, my temporary fix is using a program called Caffeine which keeps my PC not idle by clicking F15 every minute or so, even though this fixes the idle problem my SSD still has other problems, I recently got a Crucial T500 1TB M.2 to replace my current SSD and I’ve been trying to clone my SSD files and Windows to the new M.2 and I’ve gotten errors and bluescreens, one of thing ive noticed while trying to use the cloning software (Macrium Reflect) was that during the cloning process I was looking at my SSD in task manager where you can see the read and write speeds and the usage went to 100% and then the read and write slowed down to eventually zero and it stayed like that until my computer just turned of with no blue screen.

Specs
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x
GPU: MSI GTX 1650 GAMING X
MOBO: Gigabyte B450 DS3H
RAM: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance RGB
SSD: TEAMGROUP GX2 512 GB 2.5"
HDD: Seagate 2TB 6Gb/s 7200 RPM
PSU: EVGA 500 WATT 80PLUS