Question Green Screen Crash

Sep 25, 2020
Hey I've had this issue for a long time now and its been happening a lot more frequently lately, I've suspected its my GPU (RX 5700 XT) as many people have been having the green screen crashes with this GPU hoping someone knows a solution I've yet to come across I've already tried uninstalling all my drivers for it and reinstalling it via recommended settings. Alongside that I've noticed after force shutting down my PC during that green screen it takes a way longer time to boot up to windows, and when it finally does it takes a few minutes to connect to my wi-fi adapter. The green screens happen when I'm specifically playing hitman 2 but just a few minutes ago it happened when I was playing warframe which is very unusual and is the first time that happened. So I'm curious as to is GPU's the only thing that can cause green screens and does anyone have any potential solutions for my issue?

GPU: RX 5700 XT

CPU: i5 9600k

MOBO: Asus Prime Z390-A LGA1151

PSU: EVGA 600 BR

RAM: 24GB (Crucial Ballistix 3200 DDR4)

If you got the color screen, the problem is from the GPU, PSU, or the driver.

You may try to use software ( AMD or MSI afterburner) to control the GPU, like underclock, increase the voltage little bit ( don't increase too much, you will kill the GPU), limit the GPU power, etc. Or try other 5700xt driver, and make sure use the DDU to uninstall the GPU driver before you install other version GPU driver.
DDU https://www.guru3d.com/files_details/display_driver_uninstaller_download.html

Also you should try other GPU, if you have an extra one.

Sep 25, 2020
Yeah I'll give it a shot again I did that a few days ago but I got a green screen it happened specifically when I would be loading into a map on hitman and it would green screen