Greyed out drive in DskMngmt

DarthFaderZ

Honorable
Oct 27, 2013
New build has Asus M5a99x pro r2.0 mobo with UEFI bios. have a 256 SSD crucial and 3TB seagate barracude from an external I yanked from a back up drive.

seagate drive isn't showing up in 'my computer'. it does show up in disk managment with the 3 partitions I made previously trying to hook it up to my asus rtn66u router which it won't read due to a logic issue. so I thought I'd put it in the PC build i was doing. also shows up under device manager as ST3000DM001-1CH116

CMD - diskpart- volume list ; also fails to show it.

bios shows drives. ssd assigned to boot drive. won't let me do much else with it from what I have gathered. I have win 8.1-64bit .....

just at a loss for it is not accessible...nor has a drive letter. Downloaded seagates disc wizrd but it says it doesn't detect the drive either.

Solution
If you put it back to the external kit, will it work when connected to USB?
Try this, just download the free one
http://www.easeus.com/partition-manager/

DarthFaderZ

Honorable
Oct 27, 2013
That's actually what I did and repartitioned with seagates DiscWizard. then moved it back into the desktop..and it wouldn't show...so I downloaded the program again...ran it again and repartitioned the drive and wiped it, assigned it to gpt, with ntfs, and it works like a charm now.