Question Grinding noise when GPU fans are spinning up ?

Nov 5, 2021
Hello, I have bought an RTX 3060Ti around a month ago. When the GPU reaches around 55C, the fans start to spin and make a singular buzzing/screeching sound. They work without any noise afterwards. However, in some games my temps are always around 54C-60C, the fans turn off and on, making the same noise when they start to spin. Any way to fix that?

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You sure it's not coil whine? You might want to roll up a sheet of A4 paper and then hold one end to your ear while the other end inspects for the source of the sound. As for the noise, if the noise is coming from the back of the GPU(when taxed?), then it's coil whine. if the noise is coming from the front, where the fans are, inspect if any cable is brushing up against the fan blades. In the interim period, please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

Nov 5, 2021
Hello, thank you for the welcome and the reply. I browsed a bit of reddit about the issue and found the exact same noise in this guy's GPU - View: https://www.reddit.com/r/EVGA/comments/pmv0yy/3060_making_croaking_noise_when_fans_turn_on/
. I am fairly sure the noise is coming from the fans and vibrating trough the entire GPU.
Motherboard - ASUS TUF gaming B550-PLUS
RAM - 16 GB
PSU - EVGA 700GD, 80+ GOLD 700W
GPU - EVGA - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti FTW 3
Monitor - ASUS VG248QE 24", 144hz
OS - Windows 10
Case - Lian Li Lancool 2