Grub 22 & Operating System not found

Oct 9, 2018
Hi all,

I need some help!

I found an old dell laptop (2012 XPS13) of mine the other day and planned to give it fresh install of windows and drop it on eBay.

A friend of mine at the time created a dual boot of Android so I thought nothing more of deleting the partition and extending the original volume etc (confident now that I shouldn’t have done that - this is about as technical as I get on a PC).

Rebooted the PC with my fresh copy of Win10 on a USB. First issue that cropped up was ‘operating system not found’. Didn’t think too much of it, pulled the USB and went to reboot. This time I got the GRUB 22 error. I’ve tried to repeat with no such luck.

My other issue is that the only other two devices I have are Mac’s. Doing some reasearch I’m pretty confident that I managed to create a bootable USB using terminal and put the Win10 ISO onto the usb correctly but for the life of me can’t work out what’s wrong and how to fix it.

What’s the next steps?!

Cheers.

Oct 9, 2018
Ok, thanks. Will see if I can find a windows machine and give it a go if you think that could be an issue.

In the link you sent, there’s lot of mention about legacy and UEFI BIOS and that it should be set to the latter. On this device there doesn’t appear to be an option to change it? Is that an issue?

USAFRet

Titan

Not an issue.
UEFI would refer to a system newer than your 2012 Dell.