GT 220 overclocking bug

ddule.srb

Honorable
Apr 4, 2018
I'm trying to overlock my GT 220 but it seems that MSI Afterburner might be bugged or is it that my GPU is locked out of overclocking?

Anyway, the MSI Afterburner works fine but every time i try to change the clock on the memory or the core, it accepts the speeds and gets saved but the clocks on the sides are not moving and are not affected by the bars in the middle. The temperatures aren't affected either. It stays constant on the Core clock: 405MHz and Memory clock: 324MHz. HOWEVER, when i leave it for a 30 secs or so, the left round meter on the side jumps to the stated speed that i desired with an overlock. But, jumps back to the 405/324 once again. I thought this was the driver thing, updated and installed the latest but no use. DDU(DisplayDriverUninstaller) was used. I installed one of the older drivers, still not working. I did not see any impact in performance or temperatures. Temperatures are in about 38-40c idle constant. Usage gets it to about 55-60c.

Drivers are fine, temperatures are fine, MSI is perhaps working fine?
Any suggestions on what should i do?

Thanks inforward!

ddule.srb

Honorable
Apr 4, 2018

I've exactly tried that and no results.
I have been using the NVIDIA auto detect driver installer but since it wouldn't work for the first time, i switched to the 342.00 driver update. Still didn't work. The 342.01 didn't want to install for some reason, though.
I have installed MSI Afterburner a couple of times but no use. Any overlocking alternatives?

ddule.srb

Honorable
Apr 4, 2018

I have just tried EVGA Overlocking program which is terrible to download and setup in my opinion...but does not work.
I also tried Gigabyte OC Guru II which also didn't work.

ddule.srb

Honorable
Apr 4, 2018

I won't be so sure. I exactly tried overlocking during gameplay of Skyrim. Failed attempt which made me come here looking for help. :c

Describe the Nvidia BIOS? I know there is an option to overlock through the Nvidia control panel by right clicking on desktop/Nvidia control panel and under the performance tab should be the overlocking option but i do not have that.

zebarjadi.raouf

Commendable
Jul 10, 2018

ddule.srb

Honorable
Apr 4, 2018

I don't want to spend money in this time, though i have my ideas of what GPU to buy next. Thanks for the idea, though. I was looking to buy a used 750ti. I've quit the overlocking overall.