Question GT 630 Unable to update

Status
Not open for further replies.

skillbeatsall

Prominent
Apr 16, 2020
Hi there,

I have a Gigabyte nVidia GeForce GT 630 and according to nVidia’s site, it is able to be updated with the latest drivers.

However, when trying to update, it would say that my operating system is not supported (Windows 10 Pro x64) and that they can’t find suitable hardware to update.

Please help! :)

GT630 is the intel integrated driver.
Go to the intel download site for the proper driver.
If you pc is a laptop, go the the gigabyte web site to download the graphics driver which will have the ability to switch betweeh GT630 and a discrete nvidia adapter.

skillbeatsall

Prominent
Apr 16, 2020
GT630 is the intel integrated driver.
Go to the intel download site for the proper driver.
If you pc is a laptop, go the the gigabyte web site to download the graphics driver which will have the ability to switch betweeh GT630 and a discrete nvidia adapter.
can’t be, there’s a physical gpu in my computer. upgrading once my country removes the lockdown but i’m not sure when that will be so i need to update the drivers for now

Sorry, I was thinking of HD630.
I checked.
Indeed, drivers for the GT6 series are not available for windows 10.
You could, perhaps try the driver for windows 8.
If you are now working at the desired resolution, that is going to be the best you can do.
Past that, all I can suggest is to buy a newer gen card like the GT1030

skillbeatsall

Prominent
Apr 16, 2020
Sorry, I was thinking of HD630.
I checked.
Indeed, drivers for the GT6 series are not available for windows 10.
You could, perhaps try the driver for windows 8.
If you are now working at the desired resolution, that is going to be the best you can do.
Past that, all I can suggest is to buy a newer gen card like the GT1030
yeah, but what doesn’t make sense to me is that on nvidia’s site, if you filter by the 600 series then click gt 630, it is supported by the latest game ready drivers.

just find it odd that it can’t detect the gpu and that it says it doesn’t support my os

skillbeatsall

Prominent
Apr 16, 2020
Strange, my earlier check said no support for windows 10.
I tried again, and this link showed that you could indeed download a driver for the GT630
https://www.nvidia.com/Download/driverResults.aspx/159423/en-us
GT630 shows up in supported products. Possibly a documentation error.

What is the rest of your system, and why do you need a driver for GT630?
Are there any other options?
apologies for the really late reply.
i’ve tried to get a new gpu but because of covid-19, they are unable to ship.

i’m therefore using the GT630 while i wait.
when i download the drivers from
nvidia’s site and try to install them, it says that my OS is not supported (windows 10 pro 1903); ive tried using DDU to uninstall the old drivers and install the new ones, but to no avail.

OkithaPROGZ

Prominent
Mar 22, 2020
Hi there,
I have the same problem I have a GT 630 and I tried to update my drivers but it doesn't work after 391. I tried using GFE the Nvidia driver pack and also manually installing from Device Manager, none of these options work. If I go here https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/drivers/ it shows the latest driver but when I install I get an error telling my hardware isn't supported. I don;t really mind but the problem is games like Valorant and Watch Dogs 2 keeps crashing with my Gpu. I have seen Youtube videos of people playing games on GT630 with even lower specs without any issue. Also I've tried everything ( DDU, Bios update, Safe Mode, Remote Desktop, GFE, Nvidia drivers, Windows Update) none of these options work. Please what is the fix to this issue. I just want my Gpu to support the games mentioned.

My specs :
CPU - i7-3770@ 3.40GHz
GPU - Nvidia GT 630
Ram - DDR 2 10GB

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.