GT300 Release Date

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution

Why?

Why are you waiting?

What will you do if they don't release something until the summer? Cry more?

Seriously, the simple answer is: " it'll be released when it's ready! "

Some of you are like little children in the backseat whining 'Are we there yet? How about now are we there YET?'. :sarcastic:

RealityRush

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2009

The earliest I've heard is late Nov. or early Dec.

HOWEVER, if nVidia was even to make that date, it would be a soft release of only high-end cards in very limited quantities that would be gone instantly (I'd buy two....).

It is more likely the beginning of 2010 (definitely at least Q1 2010 for mainstream card release).

Basically don't hold your breath for it, you'll probably suffocate.

Why?

Why are you waiting?

What will you do if they don't release something until the summer? Cry more?

Seriously, the simple answer is: " it'll be released when it's ready! "

Some of you are like little children in the backseat whining 'Are we there yet? How about now are we there YET?'. :sarcastic:

Solution

RealityRush

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2009

I give it 20% but we've already been through this argument so meh ;p

mulisak

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2009
Fortunately closed in french is "fermé"; Fermi is today regarded as one of the top scientists of the 20th century :)
I am looking forward to buy one before Christmas :)

bige420

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2008
Well according to Fud, Fermi is set for a January release date.

http://www.fudzilla.com/content/view/16342/1/

Even though I wouldn't trust fud as far as I could throw him, this seems like a reliable release date. If I were you I really wouldn't hope for a December release, just dont see it happening. But if we're lucky we might get a product showcase in December, which is guess is better than nothing.

Well, even the most honest prediction from NVidia is still just a prediction. Q1 is the scenario IF all goes well, which hopefully for them it will. In that IF are: IF the A3 silicon is rock solid, IF TSMC irons out their fab issues, and IF the drivers are in order and all other materials are set. Three big IFs, at least one of which is completely out of NVidia's control. So even assuming that is their honest opinion, there is no guarantee that they will be able to meet it.

Status
Not open for further replies.