Jul 27, 2018
Hello everyone,
So I've recently got a Lenovo Legion 7720 laptop with the following specs:
I7-7700hq
Gtx 1060
16gb ddr4 ram
1tb hdd
128gb ssd
I installed windows, optimized it, installed the drivers, tweaked the ncidia control panel settings, and my games. Pubg can run at 60 fps most of the time on everything set to ultra at 1080p, but gta 5 is acting weird. On very high/ultra fps seemed tobhardly ever go past 60 amd when it did it was for short periods of time and not more than 80 at most, with drops to 30-40 in some areas of the city/forests. Since then I tried disabling some settings, reinstalling drivers, overclocking the gpu, applying changing more settings and disabling some sruff for perdormance but the result is the same. Sure it's playable and the overall exoeriemcw is much better than what I had on my old laptop (gt 840m) but still it's not how the game should run as far as I'm concerned. My friend has the same laptop and he says he has everything maxed out and has over 100 fps.
P.S. I forgot to mention that lowering the resolution even down to 800x600 doesn't improve the framerate at all in gta 5, whereas all the other games work fine and at much higher settings, including pubg which is notorious for bad optimization.
Thanks for reading and helping (if you want lol)
Greetings,
Stefan

Solution
Download Nvidia Inspector
In drivers verSion,click on modify icon
Top left,click on the arrow,you will see a list,Find GTA V,click on it,find the "X" icon on top middle of the windows,delete profile,then apply,close Nvidia Inspector,Now this should fix your problem
Jul 27, 2018
Always under 75°, cooling ain't a problem I have an external cooler and also extreme cooling turned on which runs the fan at maximum rate. And I also tried with the system very cool, after having just statted it and it was the same.

Jul 22, 2018
Download Nvidia Inspector
In drivers verSion,click on modify icon
Top left,click on the arrow,you will see a list,Find GTA V,click on it,find the "X" icon on top middle of the windows,delete profile,then apply,close Nvidia Inspector,Now this should fix your problem

Solution