[SOLVED] GTA 5

Faizann234

Prominent
Sep 25, 2020
I want to ask about GTA 5, I have my laptop model number HP G7 Notebook, its processor is Amd a8 4500 with 512 Radeon graphics card and and 2gb shared memory. but on my games setting its only shows 512mb graphics. why? kindly help .

Solution
Amd a8 4500 with 512 Radeon graphics card and and 2gb shared memory. but on my games setting its only shows 512mb graphics. why? kindly help .
Because shared means shared between the CPU and the GPU, if the system only has 2Gb in total and the graphics use 512Mb then the system is left with 1.5Gb which is already very low.

You can go into your bios and see if there is a setting to change that, on desktops PCs there always is but for laptops it's pretty rare.
D

Deleted member 14196

That’s the dedicated the v ram for the video. That system is not capable of playing GTA anything any version

Amd a8 4500 with 512 Radeon graphics card and and 2gb shared memory. but on my games setting its only shows 512mb graphics. why? kindly help .
Because shared means shared between the CPU and the GPU, if the system only has 2Gb in total and the graphics use 512Mb then the system is left with 1.5Gb which is already very low.

You can go into your bios and see if there is a setting to change that, on desktops PCs there always is but for laptops it's pretty rare.

Solution
It doesn’t even matter because an A8 APU cannot play GTA five
This is just simply wrong. If the laptop has 2x4GB of ram installed it should be capable of 30fps on lowest settings at 720p-768p. It might even be able to use higher settings. The Radeon HD 7640G is actually as fast as the Intel HD 4600 desktop version and that is able to run GTA5 at 30+fps on low settings 720p.

D

Deleted member 14196

Lol. Good luck I wouldn’t play any game on low settings nor would I recommend it. Especially gta 5. And I doubt it would even run at 30 FPS it would probably be less than 20 and choppy as all get out

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol. Good luck I wouldn’t play any game on low settings nor would I recommend it. Especially gta 5. And I doubt it would even run at 30 FPS it would probably be less than 20 and choppy as all get out
Just because you wouldn't doesn't mean that somebody that doesn't have any other choice wouldn't do it either.
You can have fun with sub 30FPS all on lowest if you are used to it.

I know for a fact the HD 4600 will run GTA 5 at 30fps low settings. It runs 20-30fps on my laptops i3-4010U with HD 4400 graphics and a 1x8GB DDR3 1600. The thing holding it back though, is terrible hitching because the game needs a faster quad core and dual channel ram. When it's not hitching it's usually 30fps.

Just because you don't want to play at 30fps at low settings, doesn't mean someone else won't be happy with it.

Last edited:
No that's an issue with the game code and can be fixed, I wouldn't try that on online mode though since rockstar apparently bans people for anything.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VN-mdoMDuSQ
I tried doing some tweaks like that to improve performance years ago, but I never managed to get rid of the frame hitching. I figure it's more to do with the i3-4010U having a base/max frequency of 1.7Ghz. I didn't buy the laptop for gaming, so it's not an issue to me. I'd rather just play on my gaming PC and save battery.