[SOLVED] GTA IV 60fps on old pc but lags on new pc

Oct 20, 2019
Hello guys!
It's my first question on Tomshardwere but I've been reading it for over 10 years!
GTA IV is one of the games I liked since highschool. and I believe this is the best GTA ever.

I always remember people having FPS issues with it, but even back then, I could play it on 60fps with a GT 250!
Yes! I know it sounds crazy but I really could do it. and also after that, I could play it on GTX 550 ti on 60 fps, too!
I'm not saying on the very ultra settings, but I could play it on 60 fps locked without framedrops on a rational settings.

I remember people always complained about the fps issue, but I don't know how, I never had that problem, even on my last laptop with a 950M.
Now I've just upgraded my laptop to a model with 1050 ti, and also my PC to RX 580 8GB.

And the game is so laggy in both systems! It's like 40 fps whilst driving even on the lowest settings, it doesn't make any difference on what graphical settings I use it!
I'm pretty sure it was 60fps on 950m and gtx 550 ti. I've been playing it quite often.

I know this is going to be a software issue. Idk what. but I believe MAYBE, maybe GTA IV needs a specific BIOS setting or Graphic Driver or graphic settings or specific version of c++ or DirectX. I really don't know but the problem should be it! Should be something I've been using in the past that was totally compatible with the game, and now I'm using with something which is not.

I really remember I was getting like 40-50 frames in GTA V and 60 fps in GTA IV. this was the reason I've been only playing IV. because I hate frame drops.
but now after upgrade, I was hopping to be able to play both games on 60. GTA V is okay. it's playing on 60. but IV is lagging! the situation has gotten exactly vice versa!

I really hope someone in this forum can help me with this. and had the same experience.
every driver of mine is updated.

Thank you in Advance